Bradford Pear & Prugna Metalica | FerrariChat

Bradford Pear & Prugna Metalica

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Rapalyea, Mar 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    #1 Rapalyea, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. SamuliS

SamuliS Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2008
    Finland, Helsinki
    Full Name:
    Samuli S
    Love the color, my favourite one. What year is it?

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Wow georgeous

4. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    What the? I thought they only came in red? Is this factory?

5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Truly one of a kind! Great photo, thanks for sharing David! Spring has arrived!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #6 hank sound, Mar 24, 2015
    It was this photo that I saw online back in 02 or 03, that started it all for me. In an "even more" perfect Ferrari ownership world (for me), Rachel would be Prugna !!

Cheers,

Hank
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Yes, to be fair that looks lovely......:)

8. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Contessa Prugna Metalica is 1986 but does not look her age. And she LIKES me. If even ONE of my wives had been as cozy I might still be married. The Contessa is my "Girl Friend."

No nuptuals are planned.

9. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Apparently this is a rare color. One reason I bought the car sight unseen was the color. Mostly not: red, white, or black. What is not more expected in life then a red Ferrari! So I got lucky in the color department. I have not seen a coupe of this color for sale since I bought her. There was one cab of questionable parentage.

And I got lucky mechanically. I had a local guy replace the clutch I trashed during my own break-in period [$3,500 parts & labor] but she sings like a humming bird. This was not the case when we were first introduced. Nothing much to complain about at the time.

But man! I have never had a car come so alive over time. And she is loyal. She gets turned on every time I turn the key....

10. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #10 gsfent, Mar 25, 2015
    Sure is a rare color.................... :) (prior owner pic, still looks the same)

Regards,
    Jerry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    My wheels need repainting. I have a spray can and will touch them up. But I must admit I have been tempted by new wheels.

12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Looks like you are missing the center cap for the right rear wheel.

13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Those wheels look sexy!

One of the most striking colors there are. Adds a lot of charm to the Mondial, imho.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

14. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    The center cap fell off right there in the drive way. I picked it up and put it in a special place so I would find it. But I can't remember the special place! If it does not show up soon I will just buy a new one.

I have a question? Do you know if the fuel hoses have ever been replaced? The reason I as is this: I was talking to a guy with a 1970 something Fiat 124 Spyder and he has a K-jet of some kind. He went to get it out after the Winter and the K-Jet was all clogged up with dust like fuel line residue. His car is about 10 years older, and perhaps his Fiat does not have the nice stainless wrap that ours has.

Anyway, Contessa Prugna Metallica just purrs at me. I now have 54,350 miles and that is very near, or even passed the 10,000 mile mark. Maintenace: 1) one abused clutch; 2) one NAPA starter; 3) one oil change; 4) one battery; $40 worth of Bosch Wipers. Should have done number four 10,000 miles ago!

15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Hi David you know I miss the Mondial but it really makes me happy to see that you are enjoying it and I love seeing current pictures of it.
    I checked my service record from my ownership of the mondial and what they it says is "removed pan to inspect fuel hoses and replaced fuel cross over hoses and fuel filter.
    Hope that helps.

16. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    David something that you may not now about the car because it is not in the records one of the previous owners did it himself, is the inside pulley and mechanicals for the sunroof was redone and strengthened from original I believe the owner who did this started a thread on it here on Fchat.

17. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Hi Rob,

You just made my day! You have confirmed what my mechanic and I observed this very day. I was not expecting steel wrapped fuel lines! They may or may not be original, but they are clearly of the highest quality.

The sunroof works just fine. And the windows are no worse since I got the car. I always run the slow passenger side up with engine running since there seems to be a voltage drop when turned off. Also, I never just push the up-button and hold it. Always a few seconds at a time.

I will remember to take more pictures to share!

18. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Yes Steve at rpm was very good to me I worked a service into the deal when I bought the car and he went above and beyond what I had requested be done he really went through everything and replaced what he felt was needed. Funny thing with the sunroof when I test drove the car it worked great I put it through its paces and no problems when the guys did the service on it they had a problem and put a new switch in it then when I first drove the car it opened but that was it no power so they put another switch in it but I don't think I used it much after that but glad it is working well for you. I would love to see more pics I really miss the old girl especially with spring popping up here!

19. Prugna

Prugna Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Unites States
    I'm in love..... obviously

20. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias

The sunroof works fine but has a bad water leak in the car wash. Not driving in the rain, just in the car wash. I run a strip of blue painters tape over the bad spot then pull it off after exiting the wash. I open it a few inches on hot days for the airflow. I have never considered getting the A/C fixed.

We do get some 90F days here, but always low humidity. I never break a sweat.

21. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    You want to run off to Vegas?

22. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    i would probably have to join in, since, like Prugna, I'm in love too.

Cheers,

Hank

23. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Prugna is Latin femina gender. Hank? Perhaps Prugna has a sister?