1987 Mondial coupe 3.2 sells at Silverstone auction | FerrariChat

1987 Mondial coupe 3.2 sells at Silverstone auction

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by peterdavid911, Mar 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    A 1987 Mondial coupe 3.2 just sold at Silverstone auction here in the UK today for £31,000, approx $45,000 USD.

I’m not sure if this includes commission and any vat/tax.

It only has 12,250 miles and looks in great condition.

2. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If the car is well-sorted, IMHO that's a bargain, considering the currently inflated market price of Ferraris. I like the simplicity of the 3.2.

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Nice to learn that the market is finally allowing higher prices for the Mondial, closer to the real value of such a nice car. I suspect/hope that the idea that the Mondial is overlooked and underrated will soon become a joke.

I think the cabriolet would command an even higher price. 12.500 mi / 19.700km is interesting: not a complete garage queen, and not an abused car.

Hope that Mondial has found a good home.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I just had my 88 Mondial Cab appraised by one of the reputable fellows in the business (he does many high end collections, and is current on various F cars). He said I have the best kept Mondial he has ever seen, probably true albeit I have meticulously detailed it over the winter and it does look pretty darn good I must say.

I am the second owner of ten years now, it was a dealer maintained Swiss car, all documented and maintained to perfection, but I do use the car seasonally and it has about 60,000kms. His appraisal came in at Cad$65,000. This would be about US$52,000. So the auction outcome noted makes some sense, indeed looks well bought given the premium that seems to be attaching to top condition cars. The appraiser did note that the
    Mondial's have a small but strong following, that I can certainly relate to!

5. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009