Suspension warning light after 3 x not moved | FerrariChat

Suspension warning light after 3 x not moved

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by stekkefun4, Apr 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    #1 stekkefun4, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey,

I was wondering: in the garage, the folks started the engine 3 times or more without moving the car, so apparently from what I read, the suspension warning light comes up (the orange one on the dashboard as you can see). Now, I know this can happen, but did not find any topic on switching that off.

Does anyone have a quick fix for this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    I don't know but you could try removing the kick plate in the passenger footwell and cycling the connector to the computer.

Dave

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    It is not starting the engine 3 times, it is turning on the ignition without starting the engine 3 times.
    Disconnect the battery overnight. See if that resets the system.

If that doesn't do it you might have to fine a Ferrari dealer with the correct software to reset the system. I don't think a SD-1 can do this. It is a finicky system.
    My "T" reset the system after the front shocks were rebuilt and one of the shock motors was fixed and the gears were replaced without needing the special software.

DavidJ

4. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Try the overnight battery disconnect first. If that doesn't work try driving the car with a couple of starts. I believe the computer will determine everything is working fine (if that is the case) and the light will reset.

Regards,
    Jerry

5. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    That hasn't worked, I suppose the only thing that can be done is go to a Ferrari garage.

6. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    +1

7. B11ocx

B11ocx Karting

Jan 30, 2014
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Take all of the caps off and turn them all full left.... reconnect the caps and start the car....turn off the car

Take the caps back off and turn each of the shock tops left and make sure none of them are still in the original position (they should move maybe a quarter of a turn)

This will diagnose if you have a shock cap which is not working. If they are all working then the act of setting them all to a standard (full left) should allow the system to detect they are working. Also worth noting that if the car is nose high, or tail high, then you need to move the car reasonable quickly (within 30 secs) so the accelerometer shows a changing position.

Finally, I would recommend cleaning up the earth connector on the accelerometer.

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    By "full left", do you mean fully anti-clockwise?

What's the best way to get to the accelerometers and earths. Can you see them by removing the underbody panels?

Thanks
    Cheers
    Ian.

9. B11ocx

B11ocx Karting

Jan 30, 2014
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi, anti-clockwise is correct. The accelerometer earth is attached to the device which is on the front panel. If you raise the bonnet you can see a little oblong box right at the front without removing any panels. The Earth on this gets very corroded due to being hit by the weather.

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Wow.. Thanks for the speedy response.

Ugh.. Sorry, I just realised I'm on the wrong forum. I hope this stuff applies to the F355 Spider, too

Cheers
    Ian.