Countdown to Italy | FerrariChat

Countdown to Italy

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MvT, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    What can I say :) We leave on Sunday May 10th for an awesome trip again in 7 Ferraris.

Mille Miglia

A unique event

For 30 years, Mille Miglia has been bringing together exeptional personalities to the world of sport. Today, the reenactment of the Mille Miglia is an event in a class of its own. Mille Miglia has combined tradition with innovation, and vividly coloured that combination with creativity, elegance, beautiful scenery and the Italian way of living. This plethora of rich elements has made the Mille Miglia a symbol of Italian excellence all over the world.

1000Miglia

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_IT5v5trE[/ame]

2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #2 MvT, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We will make this trip again to see all the wonderful racing Ferraris ever made Enzo. I can't wait to drive lady grey to Italy again. It's a feeling you cannot describe when you drive your Ferrari in Italy. You smile is bigger then it ever was! No factory visit this time as we planned other activities around Maranello. Hope you guys like to follow this one again.

For the people that haven't seen the trip of last year.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/448581-trip-enzo-ferraris-home-country.html

I certainly hope to see my favorite again:
    Ferrari 340 Americca spider Vignale of 1952
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Driving my Ferrari around Italy is a fantasy. A few years back I drove from Germany through Austria to Italy, visited Maranello, over to the Cinque Terre for Spaghetti Ely, spaghetti with frutti di mari. Then through Monaco for a couple nights and Aix en Provance, up through Switzerland and back into Munich. All in a the smallest Hyundai available while my Ferrari was in my garage. Oh well. At least it was a manual transmission and I was able to play tag with the 80 year olds in tiny fiats while trying to get to the Italian coast. Those guys are fast! :D

But, oh to be driving my Ferrari on a trip like that. It may never happen but I can hear, smell and feel it in my minds eye.

Enjoy your trip. I look forward to hearing about it.

4. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I'll be in Vicenza by then but my 308 won't; I'll make next years for sure.

5. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I say book a flight next year as I can use a co-pilot :p actually the smallest cars are most fun in Italy :)

Hi Todd, hope all goes well moving to Italy! Vicenza is closeby, about 90 miles from Brescia. You should see it if you have time. before the start the whole city center is scattered with cars that are attending the race. (checkup day)

6. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Hi Tijn

I'm looking forward to your postings!

Have fun and stay out of (car) trouble.

Bart

7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #7 MvT, May 9, 2015
    Thanks Bart! I think she is solid and all issue that could fail have been done. However you will never know with old cars :p She is still on the car lift for an oil change to 10W-60 Mobil 1 extended life.

So a half of the group will leave on Sunday and the other on Monday, but we meet on the same spot and travel together from there to Italy. Along the way will catch some interesting stuff to see. It's really a men's trip so no shopping other then the Ferrari store in Maranello.

Our base camp in Italy however I am not sure if we have time for a swim. If not we will use the water for washing our Ferraris :) I hope the Internet connection is better at this place as last year it 99% of the time it was down.

The agenda:

Lunedì (Monday)
    After a 340miles (550km) drive we will visit the Technik Museum Sinsheim
    Auto & Technik MUSEUM SINSHEIM

Martedì (Tuesday)
    We will start our day at Meilenwerk in Stuttgart (Germany), which combines everything the car connoisseur desires under one roof. The concept covers the whole spectrum of classic, stylish and exclusive motoring, whether by vintage or collectors car, motorbikes or boats.
    Meilenwerk English Summary | Meilenwerk

Then we drive off 400miles (610km) via Austria to Brescia (Italy) to settle down in the evening at our base camp.

Mercoledì (Wednesday)
    Breakfast and drive of to Brescia to see the checkup of the cars that are attenting the Mille Miglia

Giovedì (Thursday)
    Breakfast followed by washing your car morning to drive off to Brescia where we park our Ferrari fleet at an Italian restaurant who always have reserved some places for us. A marvelous spot as the drives of the race will just pass by while we are eating. Before the lunch we will walk downtown Brescia to see all the wonderful racing rides.

Venerdì (Friday)
    In the morning we will drive of to Maranello to see the new Ferrari building and do some shopping. In the afternoon we will drive off to Modena to visit the Enzo Museum (Museo Enzo Ferrari).

Sabato (Saturday)
    Still need to be determined.

Domenica (Sunday)
    From Italy back to home in one go.

8. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Tijn,

I'm taking your offer seriously. 2 things.

1. Tomorrow, May 10 is my birthday so nothing can go wrong for you. :D
    2. Turns out, at age 44 as of tomorrow.. I appear to have a baby on the way. There is now a child and mother to discuss the idea of me driving around Europe in a friends Ferrari. I'm a very persuasive fellow :D. We shall keep in touch.

Have a wonderful journey!!!!!!

9. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    First....you damn well better take & post some great pics or else...(-*

Second: PV Dirk please attend as my proxy & Happy Birthday!

Third: I hate you guys...(-*

10. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Damn, I really wanted to attend the Miglia ' also but seeing as we are in Rome right now on holiday, I don't think get another trip to Italy is going to be likely now.
    Anyway looking forward to seeing your stories here :)

11. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Bell since guys you are in Rome.. There is a very nice little restaurant to have lunch! You guys will like it ;) It's 10min walking from the Colosseum. Do look at the paintings and photos of "old" Rome while eating there.

It's called:
    La Taverna dei Quaranta
    Via Claudia, 24

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/La+Taverna+dei+Quaranta/@41.8880266,12.4942757,21z/data=!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x0:0x28f1c82e908503c4!2sColosseum!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x32270280243ce496

Miglia will pass Rome too on Friday around 20:45pm local time.
    Route

If you like to know the streets where they pass (Second leg)
    Detailed route

Have fune you guys! With which of the 3 fellows are you guys in Rome?

12. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Thx Dirk and Tom!

No problem in taking the offer seriously Dirk!

--------------------------------
    One annoying thing of last year was the windshield getting constantly dirty on the inside. also the 308eights infront of me didn't make it better :) So this year I made an active carbon particles car cabin air filter, let's see how this works! Pictures will follow.

13. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Everybody's in or going to It-Lee! Consarnit - Lived there 78-81 & had 2d daughter there - Molte Bellissima! And adding BB to "hate" list...(-*

14. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Hey cheers MvT we will have a look for it on the map.
    Off to the Vatican today to see how they used that money for the poor.....

15. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Hey MvT, regarding the restaurant, well we were nice and hungry, so we checked out your excellent directions, got dressed up, and set off.....However we recently acquired an old Ducati and the sight of a Ducati cocktail bar somewhat sidetracked us......well one thing led to another and before we knew what happened the very lovely staff there plied us with lots if free food and we completely lost our appetites.
    Apparently they thought I was some bloke called Kid Rock, I Googled him and given the hat I was wearingplus beard and blond hair I can see why. We both laughed our heads off when the pictures of this chap came up, I could see why they would make that mistake and I'm sure that and English accent sounds the same as an American one to an Italian.
    Anyway we are off to the Coliseum tomorrow and I shall be working my new Kid Rick celebrity status for all its worth, to see if we can't avoid some of those gladiatorial ques.....
    Regards Bell...... Er, Kid Rock!

16. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Hey MvT, regarding the restaurant, well we were nice and hungry, so we checked out your excellent directions, got dressed up, and set off.....However we recently acquired an old Ducati and the sight of a Ducati cocktail bar somewhat sidetracked us......well one thing led to another and before we knew what happened the very lovely staff there plied us with lots if free food and we completely lost our appetites.
    Apparently they thought I was some bloke called Kid Rock, I Googled him and given the hat I was wearingplus beard and blond hair I can see why. We both laughed our heads off when the pictures of this chap came up, I could see why they would make that mistake and I'm sure that and English accent sounds the same as an American one to an Italian.
    Anyway we are off to the Coliseum tomorrow and I shall be working my new Kid Rick celebrity status for all its worth, to see if we can't avoid some of those gladiatorial ques.....
    Regards Bell...... Er, Kid Rock!

17. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #17 MvT, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    hahaha Bell, laughing my pants off :)) Good to see you guys have fun! Hope you guys can made it to the restaurant! We just arrived at Garda Lake.

18. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Too bloody funny, Bell.

Cheers,

Hank

19. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey Tijn,

Be well - be safe - and grin like crazy. Have a great trip.

Cheers,

Hank

20. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Bell

Small tip: buy a combiticket at a lesser known museum, the waiting time for tickets at the collusseum is of the scale.

All the best in Rome!

21. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #21 MvT, May 13, 2015
    Thanks Hank! We will need it if you know the driving style of the locals here :)

They can be quite colossal indeed ;)

----------------
    We left with 7 Ferraris from the heart of the Netherlands to get to the heart of Brescia (Italy) after some coffee and sandwiches we hit the road.

22. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Damn I want to go back! We are in the UK now. Have a great trip!

23. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I'm surprised Bell that you didn't know the kid rock thing :D That is funny. Where is Mike with good side by side pictures :D

24. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Tijn,
    Safe travels. We are living thru you on this one.
    Dirk, Happy Bday and congrats.

25. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! Have a great time and lets see those amazing photos!

C H E E R S