2015 Ferrari Mondial Prices | FerrariChat

2015 Ferrari Mondial Prices

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, May 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 soucorp, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Hi Mike,

Pretty much the same in my neck of the woods. Between 30.000€ and 35.000€ for a 3.2/T.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

3. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Nuno, after conversion, 30.000€ = $33,667.50 - 35.000€ = $39,278.75USD

That's about $5k - $10k USD more than last year's prices, yes?
    I think the US market is still at bargain basement prices compared to the rest of the world.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Also, both of those markets are RHD and there's limited availability of cars as well.

I've driven a LHD car through the UK and it wasn't any fun. Exciting, yes! So I can imagine the opposite scenario is just as lively or discouraging, depending on your perspective. :)

5. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #5 hank sound, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Yo Mike,

That $67,158.55 USD, would be about right if I were listing Rachel for sale presently. But since I would wait a bit before switching to the next iteration of F1 shifting, I could virtually guarantee that the price for Rachel would increase dramatically !!

Don't be shocked at anything. When I bought Rachel, a Dino was already $75,000US - INSANE !!!! So, back in 04, I went for Rachel because I really appreciated that she was so versatile and could do it all - and she was "a bit" more affordable than the Dino ($25,000 difference). Check that difference these days. Now, as the run up in pricing for our Mondials starts to gather steam, she starts to resemble a "late blooming investment dreamboat". And we know that dreamboats can get big bucks - just because they're dreamboats - so it's just a matter of time. :):)

Cheers,

Hank

6. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #6 soucorp, May 8, 2015
  7. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Are you contemplating a sale of your 3.2?
    What would you replace it with?

8. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    BTW did any care to look at the mileage in those ads?

no garage queens in there

9. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #9 soucorp, May 9, 2015
    Not anytime soon Greg! But when I do, someone will get the nicest 3.2 on the planet :)
    I think I lucked out, my car has never had a hot or cold start prob, always starts first time everytime! My ecu and fuse box are solid, everything works as it should. only thing that needs sorting are my rear windows, not working at the moment but I 'll fix those this summer.

To answer your question of which car I would get next, always wanted a 360 or 430 coupe!
    Something low key like this pic would be really nice as I hit mid life :)

cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    We are brothers Mike as 360/430 spyder fir me if a change!

11. pbaron89

pbaron89 Karting

May 17, 2013
    Fort Lauderdale , FL
    Full Name:
    Peter Baron
    i live by Domani motors in Floirda - they just sold the Black 86 for 39k miles for $39k
    a good car is going up now pretty nicely!

12. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    +1 on this...(-*

13. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #13 PV Dirk, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    The graph that Mike posts supports that my car is worth nearly what I paid for it 5 years ago. Of course that disregards the additional 50% of purchase price I've put into it. :D Seriously, no regrets. Would not change a thing, except maybe taking it apart when I didn't have the space most recently. Oops.

For those who are considering purchasing, soon after my purchase and after I'd put a couple thousand miles on the car I believed that if the car burned down and I didn't get a penny back it would have been worth it.

Really. These price posts are good fun, but if my car disappeared i'd have no regrets, the experience has been that great. And I can't afford this car today. I don't say this out of being able to replace it. The car really has been that good of an experience.

I forget how Ferris Bueller said it. If you have the means, I highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wALArd2rvo

14. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    one of my customers is very wealthy. he owns a 430 which is why I own a Mondial. If it looks like a duck, Drives like a duck, sounds like a duck well you get my drift. I heard this car and wanted one. I enjoy my car more than I can describe. If my friend even gave me the 430 I would never be able to repair it if it broke so what good is it. My Mondial is not perfect but it is really, really nice. Went for a ride today and it sounded like a duck. Why have a Ferrari and not enjoy it? Do you buy a pizza and eat the box?

15. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I do sometimes lick the box to get some sauce (listen to the radio over the sound of the engine), not as intense but a little change of pace. But then I eat the pizza for the full flavor (turn off the radio and get some revs on the engine) and all is good!!!

Regards,
    Jerry

16. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  17. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Like not having sex with your girl friend, so when you break up she will be more "Pure" for the next guy.

18. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    #18 FCnew, May 10, 2015
  19. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I see that this valuation chart is for the coupe and Hagerty does not show any valuation calculator for the cabriolet model.

How does the value of the cabriolet compare to the coupe?
    Alden

20. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #20 Burch1, May 10, 2015
  21. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    For this kind of money I should sell my one owner (me) 'gated' low miles '90 Mondi! :)

22. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    1km on the odo?
    ;-)

23. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    These price threads seem to pop up about every other week. We continually see crazy asking prices for the cars but how many are actually selling at those price points?

Prices in Europe are definitely higher, but how many lower-cost, U.S. Mondials are being shipped back to Europe. If the European demand or the US/Europe price disparity was great enough (even with current exchange rates), I would think that there would be many more of these cars making their way back overseas. A great comparison is the air-cooled 911. A huge number of them have been exported from the U.S. back to Europe in the past few years. That just doesn't seem to be happening (yet at least) with the Mondials.

2cam

24. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Personally, I don't have the impression that many Mondials are imported here in Europe from the States. We see some appearing here on the market, but not much. In general, we had about 15 Mondials up for sale on average here in Belgium until 6 months ago. Now approx 6 to 9. And the interest for US Mondials is not so high here.

25. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    The only places you can make money with importing an old Ferrari is probably Hong Kong, Singapore, and China. They are the ones with willing money.
    (but still, it is not a large quantity thing.)