Awesome T coupe FS | FerrariChat

Awesome T coupe FS

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by hank sound, May 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    There is a Mondial T coupe that is for sale. I know the owner - I know the car. The level of maintenance, love and attention this car has received, is through the roof. It is stunning, front to back, top to bottom. It belongs to TMan (Steve, here in our Mondial group).

If I didn't have Rachel, ----------- Anyway, check out this beauty at Scuderia Rampante.com. It's in the "vehicles for sale" sub group.

This is no BS - - it is the real deal. The owner is genuine and so is the car.

Cheers, Hank

2. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    That t is seriously Bad Ass! Love the 348 wheels on the coupe with the red underbelly. I would love to have it in our garage but have to draw the line somewhere. Excellent advert also, the way you should sell a Ferrari. My only complaint is no Price. I guess it's a marketing thing but inquiring minds want to know.

Dave

3. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Dave,

I believe Dave Helms of Scuderia Rampante, who has maintained the car for years, is merely assisting his close friend Steve, in the sale of his T coupe, through listing & showing.

How's Tee & Piano? :)

Cheers, Hank

4. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Yes a mighty sweet ride, and all painted on the bottom like sexy Rachel. Price anybody......

5. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #5 hank sound, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    I guess that's the prize on the hook. Only truly interested folks will take the time to call Scuderia Rampante to find out the asking price.

Cheers, Hank

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I am definitely interested, enough to sell my just purchased 3.2 cab. It all depends on price, hopefully it is reflected in the mileage.

7. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Hey Hank,
    Tee and Piano are doing great. Piano is driving the Mondial and has slipped the surly bonds of earth as well.

Dave

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    With Piano as the captain of my flight - I'd go to the Moon in total confidence.

Please tell her I send my love.

Hank

9. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
  10. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I maybe a bit biased here, but a rare t coupe, serviced by Dave? Should be top of the market, not sure there should be much adjustment for some miles with known top quality service.

But you know these cars as well as anyone, wonder if you could hang on to this one for a few years before the itch to change out occurs? :)

Regards,
    Jerry

11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Biased is correct. Miles will always affect the value, regardless of who last touched the car.

12. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Here's where we differ. I think stock wheels & matte black lower panels make the car look more elegant. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but don't you think a stock Mondial would be more desirable than a modified one?

Just my $0.02

13. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    My Mondial has the stock wheels and bottom black, I badly want to get the bottom painted to look like Hank's sexy Rachel.

14. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Maybe, but the Ad says the original wheels are included as well as the exhaust. The underskirt is easily painted. I just think it looks aggressive like this with the tinted windows too.

Dave

15. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #15 soucorp, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Beautiful looking T coupe for sure! Will look great to any ones exotic collection.
    Surprisingly in show room condition for a 92k mileage car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    #16 FCnew, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015

You are lucky to see a T-coupe on the market... don't nickel and dime if you want one, because if you snooze you lose. And it might be years before another T-coupe become available.

17. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    God I want that 308 I love grigio I think it offsets the black bumpers really well.
    Regarding the T I know its a tough call but roughly what would you guys value it at?

18. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Steve sent me a PM earlier in the week about the car. It has had an INCREDIBLE amount of work and intelligent updates done to it. 1989 was the only year for the T Coupes in the U.S., correct?

2cam

19. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    T coupes were available in the states from 1989 - early 1991. Americans preferred the cabriolets, so in early 1991, Ferrari stopped importing the coupes but plenty were available in Europe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59T3YyGsCWo[/ame]

20. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    They may have been available until 1991, but only 1 model year was delivered here: 1989. No mice on the seatbelts, that started for model year 1990.

43 cars, one for each U.S. dealer. A copy of a letter from Ferrari is on here somewhere confirming that, although I can repost if someone wants to see it.

Regards,
    Jerry

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I've owned 2 of those 43 rare ones. I just sold my last one last October. Unfortunately we're not talking nickels and dimes here. ;)
    At the end of the day this car will sell for what it is worth, time will tell, market will speak.

22. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    I thought you had strong interest? Did you get spooked by something? Price or miles?

23. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    The 43 units were for North America.
    Probably 3 went to Canada.

24. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I did have strong interest. I am just not sure I want to spend this much for it, but I am sure somebody will.

25. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Stephane,

How much is "this much"? I didn't inquire because I have Rachel.

Cheers,

Hank