Brake shoe retaining pins/washers | FerrariChat

Brake shoe retaining pins/washers

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Antwan, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Antwan

Antwan Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Manchester UK
    Greetings all,

I haven't posted in a while primarily because, since my engine rebuild, all has been going great. A couple of teething problems but nothing big. I have been using the car for anything and everything.

Small problem yesterday though... i could hear a slight scraping noise from the RH rear wheel with my window down. I got the car home, removed the wheel thinking the handbrake shoes where adjusted too tight. It turns out that one of the brake shoe retaining washers had rusted though causing the pin to fall loose into the brake drum area.
    The only damage is rusty washer and a bent pin.

I can find the retaining washers at Superformance but I can't source any of the pins. Does anyone know if they are from a particular manufacturer or know where I can get some from. Ideally a full kit for both sides.

As they all look a bit crusty, the plan is to replace all 4 pins/springs and retaining washers.

Pins are 37mm overall length,
    Washers approx 13.5mm dia,
    Springs 11.5 dia, 15long.
    Cheers!

2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Good to hear that everything is going great! :) I would get these at the dealers to be honest. They can't be more then 10 to 15 GBP. Saves you time to hunt for it. I actually haven't seen any for sale. Ebay might be the place I guess.

3. Antwan

Antwan Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Manchester UK
    You have a point. Not even Ferrari could charge much for these, we hope. Although once I bought some plastic engine cover clips from a well known Japanese manufacturer, I couldn't believe the price they were charging.
    Lots of kits on eBay but all by model of car with limited dimensional information. Cheers mvt

4. bsaboy

bsaboy Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    SHEFFIELD U.K.
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SHAW
    Halfords sell brake pins and springs ,would take them there and see if you can get a match,cant believe these would be Ferrari specific

5. Antwan

Antwan Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Manchester UK
    Ferrari do stock them and the springs and washers are pennies only. The pins are a bit more pricey but not enough to put me off getting a full set.
    Cheers