New Front Rotors and New CV Joints | FerrariChat

New Front Rotors and New CV Joints

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Rapalyea, Jun 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Living near Atlanta has its compensations. I swear the order from T. Rutlands arrived before I made the order. But that's a simple mental time warp all of us might expect as time goes on. None of these things needed replacement - only the CV boots. I like my G-Force braking and the front rotors are down about .35 inch.

So I said what the hell. My local wrench is going to do the CV work and I could have had him clean, repack, and reboot them. Or make everything neat and easy for everyone and with perpetual peace of mind so I ordered four new CV joints with boots. They are about $300 each.

So! Since purchase two years ago my car has entirely new clutch hydraulics and mechanical pieces, will have new front rotors and four new CV Joints. The starter is new and has its new low voltage intermediate relay.

I think I am ready to motor on! At the rate of 5,000 miles per year the car is much better in all respects then it was 10,000 miles ago. Just get in, turn the key and drive away. Never once towed in off the road. Unlike my sister's 2009 Buick that has been towed in twice and needed the same dollar amount of driveline work as the Ferrari in the same period of time.

This gives me some sense of devilish and clandestine satisfaction.....

2. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Buick......Good One!!

3. 308mon

308mon Karting

Oct 5, 2014
    UK
    So I take it the trip to Vegas is not on now?

PS: Whatever happened to $50 hookers (or am I just showing my age)?

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    $50.00!!! We have our standards we were never prepared to spend any less than $300

5. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan

It is just like buying a new Ferrari... one part at a time.

6. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Johnny Cash would be proud.
    :)

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    maybe in Thailand....

hahaha

8. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I bought my Ferrari to wear out completely. I want it to be like the Blues mobile at the tax office. Speaking of hookers I told my daughter that my grand daughter looked like a 100 dollar an hour hooker on her prom night. Would you agree?

9. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    #9 srephwed, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    This all sounds vaguely familiar (about the time she was going on her prom night activities). I think I even had a response to one of those prom night posts by you.
    And in keeping with the joke line - - I said something like "$1,000 minimum".

Regardless - - she's a beauty !!!

Hank

11. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    One hundred dollars WHAT! I have a rather large proportion of my IRA and would not even claim a tax deduction.

I tell you one thing. If she showed up at my hotel room, and if she were a maiden upon entry, she would leave the same way as I would be dead on the floor.

12. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    My Personal Confession

Back in the day, returning from Nam, my buddy fixed me up with his girlfriends 17 year old blond sister. Blond, short pixie hair, 36 x 24 x 36 C, athletic and very very firm. We got naked and she really really wanted to do it. In the back of my cave man head I knew what that meant [ovulating]. And NOTHING for protection.

I have a very strong sense of self preservation and did not do it. Oh My God. It was still better then either one of my x-wives but can you contemplate the years upon years of agony? I will go to my grave with that in the back of my mind. But I can also go to my grave knowing I did the right thing.

Damn it all......

13. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    No Fred I disagree

worth much more!! oh you had to see that coming

14. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    #14 dfranzen, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Fred
    lets get your picture vertical for the sake of our necks!

You know she was proud because she accessorized her dress to match your car!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #15 hank sound, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    As for the kockeyed pictures, we can turn our heads - - and easily see the true beauty of that young girl/woman.

As for GrandDaughter - - a lovely face and smile - - a beautiful body with those slender (model like) knees that highlight the beautiful leg shape - and, most importantly, a family like your's, that can inspire such wonderful positive things in all the family members.

Fred, your family is beautiful - - -

Hank

16. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Nice looking lady. She looks 25 to me, but I am completely out-of-touch (pun intended) w/ ladies under 38.