Mondial Convex wheels in classifieds | FerrariChat

Mondial Convex wheels in classifieds

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Scaledetails, Jun 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
  2. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Hi!

Good luck selling the trx wheels There is nothing at all wrong with them but the tire price. I have been scouring everything I can find on larger rims for my car. I have standard 16" but want some lower profiles and they are available in larger rims. The big discussions have been concerning offsets. And I am beginning to think it is a fools errand.

As far as I can determine the early Mondials had very little offset. Perhaps as little as +11 mm. Then I see +55s on some actual factory wheels. One reproduction place sells something in the +40s. I have found some nice aftermarket wheels in the 40s as well. And of course cars with anti-lock brakes need +offset to clear the apparatus even though my car does not have them.

Then I ran across a site that positively raves about rather extreme negative offset for both racing and looks! (They provide a range of spacers that push the wheels out more then an entire inch from standard offset for both looks and racing performance.

Accordingly, I plan to buy the +40 offsets they say are appropriate for a '90 t [but not appropriate for a 348!) and stack a spacer to bring the actual offset down on my '86 to where the original M8s were listed. The earlier M8s had front wheel bearings that accommodated the lower offset, and I very very much doubt Ferrari changed the entire suspension geometry in its later 3.2s with standard brakes, or did so to accommodate the anti-lock on the later 3.2s.

I could be mistaken on this but I spent so much time searching through the subject I would take some convincing.

3. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan

The TRX are used only during the car shows...

as soon as you pocketed the trophy, you change back to your whatever daily driving wheels.

4. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    I take my points and have everything else up to snuff!

Although this is a consideration so I can slack in other point areas

5. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    The most-est for the least-est. That has been my philosophy ever since they put an M-14 in my hands back in VietNam days!