Source for Mondial carpeting replacement? | FerrariChat

Source for Mondial carpeting replacement?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Scaledetails, Jun 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Does anyone have a source for factory replacement of the Mondial carpeting set?
    Thanks.

2. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Stephane I use Rich and Famous

Contents Page 4

they have restored other cars for me : Mercedes, Miatas and Porsche you have choice of carpet type and color

they will be doing my Mondial soon ask for Jonathan I am not affiliated except as a happy customer

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks Don and Wade!

5. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I've used GAHH. Their stuff matches the original very well.

Art

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks Art. That's the one I was leaning with. Is the kit ready to install? I was considering doing it myself.

7. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    #7 DavidJ, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just had my carpets replaced. I went from tan to black. Got the complete kit from GAHH. It is available in 2 options for the "T" version (might be the same for the earlier models). You can get either leather or vinyl edged carpets. The leather is quite a bit more expensive. I picked the Wilton Wool. It feels great. It is so nice you will want to roll around on them.
    I had my shop do the removal of the old carpets and install the new kit while the car was in for other items to be addressed.

The kit consists of 14 pieces and eventually it is a real "bear" to install. Not every car is absolutely the same so the pieces are all sent slightly larger that most cars need. This means you need to cut every piece to fit. The cuts are from the non-visible edges so the edge trim is left intact.
    The comment I got from my shop was: that will be the last Mondial carpets they will ever install.
    It took quite a bit longer to install than the shop had estimated, but they held to the estimate price. I love those guys.
    They look great and fit perfectly, I am very pleased with the end result. Plus, they match the Lloyd mats perfectly.
    Here is a few photos taken during the work.

DavidJ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks for that info David. Now I am a little nervous so I may look for installers in my area ;)

9. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    I just had the carpet replaced in my 87 Mondial. Cost was $1800. That was in the San Francisco Bay Area, so it doesn't do you much help. Hind sight being 20-20, I would go with someone in Las Vegas, if that is where you live. Once the carpets were in I took the car back to them so they could do a few tweaks on the carpet. Being able to look the guy who did the work in the eye, is better than mail order in my opinion. The shop I used did an excellent job.

10. SERGIO101

SERGIO101 Rookie

Oct 16, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Sergio
    Hello do you still have info on the shop pin Las Vegas ! Hope they still in business. I
    Am looking to replace carpet on my mondial T