Rear side window stuck in UP position | FerrariChat

Rear side window stuck in UP position

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Roc, Jul 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    My search showed how to fix rear windows that are stuck in the down position, but not in the up position. I plan to change out the motors or go to the Volvo regulator fix. How do I remove the window when it's stuck in the up position? Thank you in advance!

2. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    Roc,
    what year, make and Model are you dealing with? On my 84 Mondial Cab. the rear side windows removed very easily, there just held in place by a thick caulk like material that will allow you to gently rock the glass back and forth while pulling upward, should pull right out with minimal effort, at least mine did. I had my original motors rebuilt for under 300.00

Good Luck

P.S. be glad it stuck while fully up if you plan on removing the window Motor!

3. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    Thanks Mark! Mine is an '85 QV Cab. I'll give it a removal shot this afternoon and report back!

4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think if you start removing inner panels, you will get to the regulator and possibly pry off the glass. Mine was stuck down but its the same effort. I will try to get back to this project before Labor Day !

Check out my thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/141095411-post14.html

Best,

Mike