Help with mirrors switch | FerrariChat

Help with mirrors switch

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jackal_ns, Oct 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jackal_ns

jackal_ns Rookie

Jan 20, 2015
    Hello everyone. I’m from Poland and I’ve bought a Ferrari Mondial yr.1982 from a friend of mine in Canada. The car was in quite poor condition. I have managed to renovate it and run the engine. There is still a far road ahead for me before I will be able to have fun with it. At the moment I am fixing the electric bundle, I have already repaired the fuse box and changed the ECU and wiring tunnel cable. I have a problem with the electric mirrors. The console was missing the switch for mentioned mirrors and I’ve bought an incomplete one. I have no idea how to switch between the right and left mirror. From the switch that I bought there is a protruding white plug. Thank you in advance.

2. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    More information please? What year and model?

My 3.2 has a switch on the door, that I think was common to BMW 5 series of the time. It has a little toggle behind the joy stick to switch sides.

3. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Yes, please post your car info and a pic of the switch you have.

Mine is in the driver's door too.

If you need and electrical schematic page, send me a PM.
    Alden

4. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Yes, as said above, compare to BMW pieces from the era.

And welcome! We'd love to see a picture of your car.

1982 Mondial 8. Also send over a picture of the switch in the car or where it's located in your car. Maybe someone here with an 8 can post the picture of what it should look like.

5. jackal_ns

jackal_ns Rookie

Jan 20, 2015
  6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Hi congrats with your Mondial! once it will be finished they are very nice cars to drive!

I'm not sure what you want to spend, but if I may I like to give you one tip. Don't buy incomplete parts for any Ferrari. It is often very difficult to obtain the missing piece.

There are complete sets (wiring and connectors incl) for 100 euro, which in my opinion a fair price. I mean Ferrrari webshops seel them for 400 to 600 euros. The switch was also fitted in Lancia and Alfa, but with different housing. They would cost about 100 euro too.

Part you would need is 60730700

Ferrari 400 GT/Auto Mondial 8 Pwr. Mirror Switch | eBay

HTH
    All the best
    Tijn

7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #7 MvT, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. jackal_ns

jackal_ns Rookie

Jan 20, 2015
    #8 jackal_ns, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    MVT thanks for your help .I bought switch on eBay. The USA was not complete had the nuts, the seller described the product as a Ferrari Mondial 8 MVT if you have also this model? Ferrari Mondial 8? Could you send me a picture of you as a mirror settings tunes left right? thank you

9. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Sorry, I have no 8. I have a 3.2. Perhaps others can jump in here that have a Mondial 8 or perhaps ask in the Testarossa section as they share the same switch.

10. jackal_ns

jackal_ns Rookie

Jan 20, 2015
    Hi, could I ask you about the image on the tunnel console I can see how it looks on you switch to mirror left right side, I can not find my model anywhere Mondial 8 US 1982