Wiring the light stalk to the steering column | FerrariChat

Wiring the light stalk to the steering column

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 85cab, Oct 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 85cab

85cab Rookie

Jun 30, 2015
    Ottawa, Canada
    #1 85cab, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've read through a few different posts describing the light stalk problem and the fix where a either the black or green wire breaks lose from it's solder point under inside the knob, including this post: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/375441-headlight-switch-problem-fixed.html

But, I can't seem to find any posts that discuss where these wires go when they exit the stalk into the steering column.

A PO of my '85 Mondial Cab., cut off both the green & black wires before they exited the stalk.

In addition, the green and black wires coming into the steering column from under the dash (bundled with blue, blue/black dashes, white/black dashes, red, blue/long stipe black) have been cut off around the height of the ignition switch and I have no idea where these originally went.

I have tried going over the wiring diagrams, but I'm having trouble figuring this one out.

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me where these four wires are supposed to go.
    Do I simply join the wires from the stalk with the wires from the steering column? Or do they perhaps meet at a terminal on the underside of the stalk unit?

In the pictures I've included you'll notice that I replaced the green wire in the stalk with a red wire (it was the only colour I had in the correct gauge).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login