Side Moldings | FerrariChat

Side Moldings

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by drbruno, Oct 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Hello,

I am looking for LH and RH side lower moldings to fit my 1989 Mondial t cabriolet. Also, the accompanying rivets (12).
    Part Number:
    60225901 (Rivets)

Ferrparts or Eurospare does not have them.

Email me at: [email protected]

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  3. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I think you are talking about what I call the rub strips. Many of them are banged up. There are a few threads about straightening them or fabricating them. I e seen a 60s seven figure car that had screws holding it in place. Stainless screws. Heard that from a respected tech that basically said banging them straight and reattaching is a maintenance issue. I got some dark rivets but think it was new old stock. take pictures of yours so we can see what you have to work with. If I do it again I'll use screws and paint them black.

4. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    I don't have any strips at all.

5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    They tend to get damaged when the car is put on a lift, so they probably were on yours and removed. They are a satin back anodized aluminum, with black pop rivits that hold them on. Closest paint match is Wurth Satin Black Trim paint if you wanted to have some fabricated. I would probably fab them like in the prior referenced thread but using a thicker than oem aluminum, or maybe stainless stock to make them a bit less fragile.

6. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Thanks Andy,

Do you know of any metal shops in Toronto who would do this?