Clutch master cylinder info required . | FerrariChat

Clutch master cylinder info required .

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Leighton360, Nov 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
  2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
  3. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Superformance ;-)

4. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Thanks MVT .. are you saying that the alfa seal kit you show will fit my original master cylinder ..have you used them in your original cylinder ??

5. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Tried superformance - no stock :-(

6. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Yes, that's correct. Basically only these seals fail and in rare occasions the piston has worn out the cylinder. I actually never bought a new master nor slave and seals always did they job for the ones that were leaking.

Guido has them too he just mentioned. (one post back)

8. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
  9. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Remove your seals and ask for a photo of any seals for matchup before you buy them. I still have one of Guidos seals that did not match the originals on my 82 Mondial 8. It's possible there was some engineering revision. Note also there is a number cast into the side of your cylinder .. make sure any cylinder you buy has this same number. And finally, don't swear too much trying to insert the actuator pin laying upside down in the passenger footwell.

10. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I have sold some 30 sets of those seals and only Russ did'nt put the DONUT seal because the diameter did'nt match he says....and its true, diameter is slight different then OEM, but this seal works better then OEM. I have put the donut seal 3 years ago and it works perfect...

Commentary of Russ :

Russ Gould :Join Date: Nov 2004
    The slave was leaking and I repaired that. The master was not but I thought I might do that at the same time. I used the outer seal but the inner seal (donut) was not correct so I reinstalled the original part.

And my reply how the master works :

the donut seal is the most important. When pressing your pedal, fluid is blocked in the circuit and the donut seal is pressed against the piston wall. This stays that way until the pedal is complet down and the slave shaft is complet in.
    When letting your pedal go, the donut looses contact and the fluid is coming back in the master cilinder trough the inner diameter.
    The donut seals I send to Russ have a bigger inner diameter and works better then oem.
    The fluid is interchanging faster and the clutch can be pressed faster and let go also...faster shifting the gears.
    The seal with lip is only there to keep the fluid inside the master.

Guido

11. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    #11 350HPMondial, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Mostlikely you can the piston is interchange bel so that you can use the old piston and its rod?

13. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    "The donut seals I send to Russ have a bigger inner diameter and works better then oem"

Actually my recollection is the OD was too large to fit inside the cylinder ...

"Mostlikely you can the piston is interchange bel so that you can use the old piston and its rod"

Yes I think this is the correct answer as the casting number on the Alfa GTV cylinder is the same as the Benditalia Ferrari part .. note on the slave cylinder you can use the same trick with a Lancia Thema part, just switch out the actuator rods and save yourself a couple hundred $. I would have gone this route but I could not find the GTV cylinder in the USA at the time ...