Temporary instructions book for 3.2 | FerrariChat

Temporary instructions book for 3.2

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 2281GT, Feb 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #1 2281GT, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am very happy, because I'got one of the very rare - it is asserted only 300 printed - "temporary instructions book" for my Mondial 3.2 Coupè.

Because it is the 8th 3.2. Coupè produced (September 1985) , that book belongs to her - I believe, but the question is:

Is it additional or replacing the "normal" instructions book ?

This "temporary" book has only 21 pages about the digital clock/chronometer and about the check control. Same as on pages 23 to 29 at the "normal" instructions book of 1985 (print No. 377/85 n. 1000)
    The "temporary" instructions book is print No. 390/85 n. 300.

Does anyone know for sure, if it is additional or not ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I never saw one arrive here with it that I can recall. Since Italy and Germany received new models before the US I suspect it might have been a supplement to cover incomplete or inaccurate information in the early owners books. Is there more or different information than what is in your cars owners manual? Do you have a reasonable amount of certainty the owners manual you have is the one delivered with the car?

In the US we would on some models and in some years get a similar supplement covering US only equipment.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    +1

For my 1977, this type of "insert" was intended to "add to" the original Owners manual.

In my case, it was a new wiring diagram, and not much else!!
    But, it avoided them reprinting the earlier Manual...

4. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Only a few sentences more about the same theme with the same pictures. Nothing important.
    Maybe some typing errors , I don't know ?

Yes, it's the very first issue of the (complete) owners manual (print n. 377/85) and it belongs to that car for sure. It is not that particular one but exactly the same (first) issue.

What makes me wonder is, that the print no. of the "temporary" manual is later (390/85) than the print no. of the "complete" manual.

Alan, THAT could be the reason !
    So I will handle it as a "add to".