Upper Body Strength? | FerrariChat

Upper Body Strength?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Rapalyea, Feb 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    #1 Rapalyea, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not Me!

How did I find this out? Two laps of my 30 mile round trip beer and errand run here in the N. Georgia Mountains. I live in Ferrari heaven. I admit it. The total trip has at least 125 turns, more then half of them rather long tight ones. Third gear stuff at about 4,000 - 5,000 rpms mostly. Several straights were I can get pretty deep into fourth gear but that can get scary and boarders on imprudent.

My shoulders ache!

PS: Both days were actually 65F, sunny and dry. But wet roads look better.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan

+1

Lucky you.

3. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    And I know it to! But then again, perhaps it is simple karma making up for twelve months in Vietnam back in 1969? I don't know, but I am ready to go!

4. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Wow that looks like the weather we get in England ;-)

5. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You can try different steering methods. Most folks just leave their hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 and turn. Nothing wrong with that, but you can also shuffle steer off the bottom of the rim, or modified hand over hand on top (put hand from direction of turn on top of wheel and pull wheel into turn usually to 10 or 2 unless really sharp turn).

Or just get a Mondial t with power steering! :) (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Regards,
    Jerry

6. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Its rather rare here but it is pretty and its fun to toss the car around a slow speeds in tight corners!

7. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    My shoulders still ache. But then again I push pretty hard on these tight mountain roads. We have a very famous twisty road near here that has 318 curves in 11 miles. I once drove it at night, in the Winter in my Z-28 pulling a trailer after 12 hours already on the road coming down from Chicago. Not one single car seen coming or going. What a nightmare. In Summer THOUSANDS come and get photographed. Sometimes they end up memorialized on the "Tree Of Shame".

I think I would like to do that trip one way. But then I would need to turn around and come back. That would, let me do the math - 636 tight turns? I forget the body count right now.

http://tailofthedragon.com/

PS: The 3.2 has Manly Steering!