Looking for a schematic for an '82 Mondial 8 | FerrariChat

Looking for a schematic for an '82 Mondial 8

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by drfink, Mar 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    I cant seem to locate a PDF of the electrical schematic. Most of the sites referenced on fchat are no longer working. If some one has one I could really use it.

Also where exactly does the wire from the starter to the battery run through the car? I am upgrading the alternator etc. and would like to look at the condition of the wire before the interior goes back into the car.

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
  3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    If I still owned my Mondial 8 I'd buy that right now. Not a bad price either.

Having the full-sized pages are way better than the scaled down pdfs that are typically available.

4. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    +1. My full size 3.2 manual with fold out large pages is awesome!
    Alden

5. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    #5 enzo360, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dean,
    I've got the 8 wiring manual as stated above.
    Took some pics of the 'alternator and starter' pages. If these will do or need closer up, just send me your email adress and I'll send you the hi-res of them.

Best
    Jurgen
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Wonder if it's the same Stephane is selling here, if so it could be a great help at a super price:
    OEM Ferrari Mondial 8 Wiring Diagrams Manual Factory Original | eBay

Best
    Jurgen

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
  8. TaureanDragon

TaureanDragon Karting

Nov 16, 2014
    Herts, UK
    Sorry!! 'twas I
    Also been after a copy for a while.

@drfink: Will PDF up on receipt and forward if you aren't sorted by then.

9. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    That's the bad thing not having internet at the house, I would have caught that one much earlier.

Right now I am trying to complete an alternator install. I am going to a 3 wire 140 amp alternator and I want to know my charging light wire colors without pulling the whole dash apart.

10. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink

Just found one for $22 shipped and its on the way, thanks for the eBay idea.

11. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #11 theunissenguido, Mar 21, 2016
    cable between battery and alternator goes underside in the middle of the car (where the tubes for water hoses passes also).
    Mondial 8 has 2 different fuseboxes (early with only 2 relais on the right side first picture, later with 3 relais on the right side second picture) so also 2 different electric diagrams. What model fusebox you have ?

Guido

12. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    #12 drfink, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016

I will take a look tonight to see which relay panel I have.
    Right now I have the interior out of the car cleaning everything.
    I will look closer at the underside of the car but I didn't see any panel I could remove to inspect coolant lines or the battery cable. I would really like to run a new positive and ground to the front of the car while I am doing all of the work. My goal is to have a pleasant first experience with owning a Ferrari!

13. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    the waterlines are pressed trough a closed channel under the car...just the 2 holes are in visible. Front side under spare wheel carrier and back side hidden above the fuel tank protection panel. There must be the cable somewhere hidden also.

Guido

14. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #14 theunissenguido, Mar 23, 2016
    On this picture you can see where the cable goes...the black cable on the right side. Picture is 3.2 but Qv should be the same.

Guido

15. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    So much for running a new cable and sense wire easily!

16. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Get some of those wire pull rods that the network cabling guys use. If it can run through the tunnel alongside the hose, then connect the wire and pull it back.

17. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    By the way Guido, I am using your original idea hard wiring the fuse/relay panel, getting rid of the old boards. I ended up going with 14awg stranded wire with a teflon dielectric. Not a fun process but hopefully worth it.

18. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #18 theunissenguido, Apr 12, 2016
    Dont forget to change all the connectors with bigger ones and double 2.5 mm2 pins. Those are the main problem maker OEM...pins to little and connectors that dont keep up with the current. See picture : upper ones OEM, lower ones that I use.
    Just changing the OEM prints with hard wires isnt enough.

Guido

19. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Um, yeah I don't have those.
    I guess I will complete the wiring on this one and look at saving a few dollars to buy one of your upgraded boards in the next few months. There wasn't any bad spots on the prints I was just hopping to make it a little better.

20. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Trying to narrow down some issues and I finally realized what you were asking in this post.
    My panel has every relay position used. In your two photos you have 1 or two relays missing on each board, mine has every position filled. Now I am wondering if it is the original fuse panel or if it is off of a newer car. I would include a photo of mine but it would seem that it has been "liberated" so I have lost all before and after photos!

21. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Aren't those panels identical with the exception of the missing relays?
    Alden

22. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #22 theunissenguido, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Panels are identical on the pictures....those are fuseboxes for QV and 3.2...
    The missing relay in the middle is an extra for second fan on water radiator....
    mondial 8 and QV normal use have 1 fan and 1 relay for that one.
    mondial 8, QV tropical and 3.2 have 2 fans and 2 relays for those.
    Mondial 8 early ones have a diffirent lay out in there motherboard...therefore there are NO relays down right side.

Guido

23. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    I am assuming yes, but what connections may be missing underneath the cover?
    All of the relays are 5 pin. If I remember correctly I have 6 or 7 relays that have and use both normally open and normally closed contacts, put them in the wrong place and funny stuff happens. I always take photos as I am doing something to help when it comes time to put it back together, my phone has come up missing and has really put the brakes on this one. When I bought the car there was one relay spot on the right side that was jumpered with a 10 amp fuse for the life of me I cant remember which one it was. I was guessing the fuel pump since it is the source of so many headaches.
    Once I completed wiring the fuse panel I re-installed the relays and fuses plugged everything in and applied power, heard some relays "click" on. Turned the ignition switch on and the starter engaged. Took everything back apart and inspected my wiring, found nothing wrong. After looking at some photos of other peoples panel I realized I had some of the relays in the wrong locations.
    The good news is I have brakes now! Master cylinder and booster arrived back from White Post Restorations!

24. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    #24 drfink, Apr 27, 2016
    Here is the number 1 plate with a little paint added to see it more clearly. My panel utilizes all of the relay positions, not sure it is the right panel but its what was in the car.

25. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #25 theunissenguido, Apr 27, 2016
    First picture (Afterburner) you see the brown relays (Bosch 0332204101), purpel relays (bosch 0332014113) and marked K (bosch 0332015006).
    Workshop manuel is wrong about relays s and r. s has to be 0332204101 and r 0332014113.

second picture : lay out for early mondial 8. Not only missing 2 relays on the right side, there are also other (more) connectors to put wires on.
    Also 2 relays bosch 0332015006

Guido