Ferrari Mondial QV Exhaust Manifold | FerrariChat

Ferrari Mondial QV Exhaust Manifold

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ClassicRestorations, Apr 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicRestorations

Apr 4, 2016
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Ruben Bauwens
    Hello Ferrari Enthousiasts,

I have a question regarding a clients Ferrari Mondial 3.0 QV.

The car is an original Swiss car with the original Swiss manifolds.

One of the manifolds is cracked and unfortunately, Ferrari can't supply that one...

My question is, is the standard european manifold, regarding dimensions and fitment, the same as the Swiss ones, or is there something different making them not interchangeable.

Thank you!

Ruben Bauwens

2. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I bought a north american header with the air pipes. Cut the air pipes and welded them shut. It works and fits fine. I think aftermarket are available from Superformance also

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    My Swiss 3.2 has the US style headers and cat, not the Euro type, so just be careful the Swiss and Euro versions may not be the same. The Swiss were ahead of the rest of Europe on emissions, so had some different systems. Not sure about the QV.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Why not send the original to PD Gough in uk to make you a new one, cheaper than oem if it was available. Comes in T304 so last for ever

5. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    It is steel,,, it can be re-tubed.
    Mine was damaged,, and it cracked. Two new tubes were installed by a good welder.
    ( I'm just an OK welder,,, need more practice,, especially on the thin stuff like exhaust headers.)
    ;)

Edwardo

6. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
  7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Not sure which one you need, but https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk stil has one for small money IMHO. Just search on the below part number.

Available
    Front exhaust manifold (for cylinder 5,6,7,8) part# 120639

Not available:
    Rear exhaust manifold (for cylinder 1,2,3,4) part# 120640

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Take care: the manifolds are not the same for:
    - the two-valve cars, either carbed and injected: the tubes have a round section at the exhausts ports
    - the four valve cars, either QV or 3,2: the tubes have an OVAL section at the exhaust ports
    - the cars with catalysator: all US Mondials, whatever their engine, and the swiss 3,2 after mid 1987: the tubes are wrapped in a sheet of material and have ports for injection of cold air, etc...
    Be sure of what you need...

Rgds

9. ClassicRestorations

Apr 4, 2016
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Ruben Bauwens
    Thank you for all your replies.

We ordered a brand new exhaust system from superformance and it fits the engine/car without any problem.

I have not tried to fit the swiss manifold with the new exhaust system but comparing them by eye they look exactly the same.

ellum likes this.
  10. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    You are posting repair questions here and it would be helpful to know more about you. Would you take a minute and fill out your profile so we can stop guessing who you are and where you are? Thanks!
    Alden

11. ClassicRestorations

Apr 4, 2016
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Ruben Bauwens
    I filled in the blanks Alden! Thanks for asking.