85 QV Cab hazzrds work, but no turn signals | FerrariChat

85 QV Cab hazzrds work, but no turn signals

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Meister, Apr 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Finally took the 85 QV Cab I bought in December out for a more thorough shake down drive. Have a grocery list of things to fix, but one top priority is neither L/R turn signals work but lights do flash when hazzard button is pushed. Anyone trouble shot this problem before? Turn signal stalk moves freely, I'm assuming the problem is in the steering column..?? Thanks

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Please clarify this comment -- do you mean: 1) the turn signal stalk seems to move correctly (clicks into L or R position and cancels after the turn), or 2) it's just flapping in the breeze and seems not to be connected to anything/doing anything?

The hazard light switch does more than just activate the hazard lights (but it's a good sign yours is working, and it confirms the flasher unit is OK) -- in the "off" position, the switch contacts inside it routes the +12V power to run the turn signals.

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    yes, turn signal stalk seems to move correctly. stops and holds at top and bottom and holds position in the middle. Not sure if I should be feeling more than that as I only have vague memories of my 80' 308 and current 348 to compare with. Thanks