New owner of a Mondial t | FerrariChat

New owner of a Mondial t

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by wasfi khundaqji, Apr 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wasfi khundaqji

Apr 27, 2016
    Hi all i just bought my self a really low mileage mondial t 1992 model with 7953miles on the clock
    been parked for over 15 years
    im abit afraid of turning it up not until i change the oils , spark plugs, oil bump and water bump..
    what are the common problems on these cars
    and what should i keep an eye on while doing the tune ups
    thanks

2. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    Welcome to Ferrari ownership! Unfortunately, you don't say where you're located or how adept you are at working on our beautiful cars. There is much more to recommisioning a Ferrari then just changing the oil and firing her up. I would strongly suggest that you find a very competent independent Ferrari mechanic or a dealership and spend some time getting to know what putting one of our beautiful machines back on the road entails. Good luck and please post pictures. We all love pictures!

3. bencollins

bencollins Karting

May 30, 2015
    Whaplode, Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben Collins
  4. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Welcome to the club, I agree with Rocco.

5. jimzdancewicz

jimzdancewicz Karting

Mar 1, 2015
    Berwyn, PA
    Full Name:
    James Zdancewicz
    Welcome to the Mondial family. Do you have the service history? If not can you track it down. You need to know what was done and by Whom. That is a big question. Could just need yearly service or entire major. Also, how often was it driven? Did it sit for years? Could have dry rotted hoses etc. Try to provide some more details and you'll get tons of great advice here. Most of all, enjoy this fine practical exotic!

6. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    congrats on the purchase!

Perhaps you should celebrate it with some fresh timing belts?

7. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    #7 davebdave, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Congrats. We bought our 1992 t with 7000 miles after it sat for 5 years. A Ferrari dealer did the service prior to sale. They had $20,000 in receipts for the work. Tires, Brakes, Window motors, Engine timing belt, air conditioning, clutch throw out bearing, steering rack, etc. After we bought it we immediately changed the suspension computer and an oxygen sensor. I the last ten years however we have only had minor issues. Lesson is you have to drive these cars. Congrats on your find, the t is an awesome car.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk