3.2 Mondial a/c wires?? | FerrariChat

3.2 Mondial a/c wires??

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jongottschalk, May 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    #1 jongottschalk, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So finally decided to charge/convert a/c system after not working since I owned car (87 mondi cab) as it was removed for belt service and never hooked back up about 5 years ago and moth balled. System was tested and charged and all looked well.....until it started to rain a bit and I wanted to get car home. The service tech said he was done except to hook up ground and another 2 wire harnesses. I thought no big deal and would beat the rain and hook it up myself.

Ground was just of engine block and easy. I then found the single black plug (I think the pressure switch) and a 2 pole red/white wires bundled together and zip tied up out of the way. I thought I was home free and plugged in the black wire directly to the compressor. Then I looked for where the other 2 plug white/red harness went.....and looked....and looked. I believe this goes to the cabin temp/thermo dial? but after opening console and trying to trace it out towards the back I am stumped.

Does anyone know where the "mate" to this is? Thanks so much!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Sorry, meant "green" single pole wire, not black.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have a factory wiring diagram book for the mondial , probably do the 328 as well. Let me know if you need a copy of the page

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #4 Steve Magnusson, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Fairly sure that that's for the (ridiculous ;)) "oil level low" sensor only found on the Mondial (on the oil dipstick?), but don't know if it's used on all year/version/type Mondial (the SPC shows two different oil dipsticks, but maybe they use a common wiring harness so just not used on some). Do you have a corresponding connector at the handle end of the oil dipstick, or do you just have a metal "T" handle?

5. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    Steve is correct, at least on my 84 QV this connects to the Dip Stick sensor

6. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Thanks for the replies....if that is for the dipstick why would it come from the same wiring bundle as the single plug into the compressor

7. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Well thanks for the tip on the dipstick, that plugged right in! Many thanks. Now I am just hooking ground up to compressor and see if she works.