Muffler leaks | FerrariChat

Muffler leaks

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by drfink, May 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    I guess time and setting has taken its toll on my muffler and I am getting a rather annoying small leak. I haven't heard any sound clips of the DIY mufflers folks have built on here so I cant really say if I like them or not. So right now I am looking a two ideas.
    1. Tubi Style if I can swing the price, I have heard two cars on YouTube and I like the way they sounded.
    2. Carefully teardown a stock muffler and rebuild with stainless parts cut on the plasma table making it a little louder than stock.

So if anyone can point me in the direction of a used muffler that has seen better days I could use one, or sound clips from a DIY muffler, $500 is a lot better than $1400

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    There was a used one in the for sale section for about $100 a few months ago, in Cali and the seller would not ship to the east coast, might have changed his mind if you search for it.

I was going to buy it just to experiment with electric cut outs.
    Alden

3. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Just finished a rather lengthy search, not seeing it. If you run across it send it my way.
    Thanks

4. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
  5. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Thanks! missed it completely!

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I had 1 made in T304 in the uk, they sell them in the USA under the Nouvalarie name-great quality and lifetime warranty- great tone. They also do the headers and intermediate pipes

7. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    So I did a MagnaFlow a week or so ago, not really enthused with the result. Sounds a bit to much like a "ricer", it really doesn't start to "sing" until it reaches 4 or 5K, deep tone though. I think I would like to try another set up, maybe a true dual 2.25"
    Trying to get a before and after video as soon as my daughter gets back from camp.

8. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Oh and I wanted to note, Im into the MagnaFlow muffler set-up for about $200