Mondial Handbrake Cable Removal | FerrariChat

Mondial Handbrake Cable Removal

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by masonb, May 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masonb

masonb Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Has anyone removed their handbrake cable? Mine was looking a little frayed, and I want the car in excellent condition for the summer season.

I ordered a new one for my 89 Mondial T from Ricambi.

First Question:
    I have a Mondial T, however the standard Mondial T part does not appear the same as what is on my car. From pictures on the web, what is fitted to my T may be the cable also used on a Mondial 3.2.

Example: my existing brake cable (handle to horseshoe) has a hole for a spring meant to keep the cable taught. The spring hole is in the end with the threaded rod (near the horseshoe). This hole was not in the part I received. There are also no metal grommets on the sheath ends of the part I received, however there are metal grommets on the cable on my T.

Can anyone with a Mondial T speak to whether their parking cable has the spring hole and metal grommets on the ends.

Second question:
    If you have removed this part before, does a belly pan need to be removed for fitting the new part, or can the new one be fed through?

Thanks. One of my difficulties here is that the parts diagrams all show the exact same picture for the hand brake cable mechanism (3.2 & T) despite them being different parts. It also helps to have the proper new part when figuring out how to take out the old one. :)

Any help here would be much appreciated.

2. party

party Rookie

Feb 26, 2016
    Hello

I have the same issue, my handbrake cable broke by pulling the handbrake at mondial 3.0 QV. Can anyone advise which part i must buy ( if there is a diff. Betwenn QV and T)? Can Anyone share a manual on how to replace the cable ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Jacek

3. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Welcome!
    I have a QV from 85 but haven't changed the hand brake cable, yet. Looks like the QV can have either an older system similar to the one in Mondi8 or a system like 3.2 and T with a change at chassinumber 43013. If you are close to this chassinumber, have a look at what you have before ordering parts.
    It is a good idea to fill in your personnel and also car data in your profile here at FC.
    /Peter

4. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Not only difference QV./8 to 3.2 /T also RHD and LHD.....

Guido