Hose Disconnected - Pics to help? | FerrariChat

Hose Disconnected - Pics to help?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by NeedSpace, Jul 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeedSpace

NeedSpace Karting

Nov 23, 2012
    Bergen County NJ
    #1 NeedSpace, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Recently my engine has been running rich (or at least smelling rich). When I took a look inside the engine bay, I noticed this hose disconnected. Can anyone a) identify what it is and b) where it goes? It may not be related to running rich but I feel it should be connected to something.

If you don't know what it is but can take a photo of where it goes it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here's a pic of the offending part. The orange line traces it's path. I have it over the current hose so it doesn't rest on the CV joint.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    See pages 75 and 76 in your 215/81 OM -- it's a part of the air injection system that delivers most of the air injection air directly to the cats when the coolant is above 122 deg F/50 deg C.

(No effect of the A/F ratio of a Mondial8-2Vi, but it wouldn't be good if the ports on the cats where the split hose that that hose should be feeding were just left open.)

3. NeedSpace

NeedSpace Karting

Nov 23, 2012
    Bergen County NJ
    Ah, thanks. It looks like I couldn't find the outlet because those hoses are missing as well. Looks like I have a little more work to do...