Another Window Question | FerrariChat

Another Window Question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by felkind, Jul 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. felkind

felkind Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Nashua, NH
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I've read many if not most of the post regarding window issues and motors. Before I get into pulling things apart, I'm looking for thoughts about my situation. The driver's window raises about 3" just like normal. Then barely moves over the next few inches even causing the overheat protection to shut the switch/motor down. Then it will move slowly again until hitting a point where it works normally again. This repeats each time with the apparent window locations acting the same. So, the switch works, the regulator motor works. There is an increased electrical draw when the motor slows as indicated by dimming of lights etc.
    thoughts?

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Sounds like the window is binding, probably something mechanical rather than electrical. Take off door panel (there is a threads on how to do this without damaging anything, its very easy, and take a look at the mechanism inside while raising the window to see what might look loose, maybe one the bolts on the guide rail). Lube the pivot points and such while you are in there, might help as well. Could also be worn felt in the channels, a bit of rubber safe silicone lube will free things up an mitigate the need to replace the felt itself.

3. felkind

felkind Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Nashua, NH
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Thanks Andy, I'll give it a try.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Put a meter on the motor terminals, the voltage can drop a good bit. Their is info on here to cure this