Fancy keys anyone? | FerrariChat

Fancy keys anyone?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Alden, Jul 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #1 Alden, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A lot has been happening in the Alden garage lately, I have some other stuff to post, but this is the first item:

I made up a new key for my Mondial using a working plain metal key and one of the fancy fob types available for the newer Ferrari's.

I think it turned out great and looks cool on my keyring and in the ignition on the car.

I wanted to know if anyone was interested in having one made for their car.

You would have to send me a cut, plain metal key or a working OEM key that I can use as a pattern to have new key cut for you, I can source a plain key and then have it cut to your pattern, modify and install it in the fancy "fob" or install your cut plain key.

The black buttons on the fob are non functional, of course.

Let me know if you guys are interested, cost would be nominal and comparable to what bargain OEM keys cost. I can source uncut blanks to match your keys from a fellow member if you can't send me one yourself.

Thanks for the support of all of my Ferrari "projects" over the past year or so. As many of you know, I make my living in other areas, and I do this as a hobby and for fun. The response to my fancy oil caps, tow eyes/straps, relay kits and all the other "stuff" I make has been fantastic. I have made a lot of new friends along the way too.
    Alden
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    in my opinion, these keys are way too modern for a classic Mondial.

If you were coming up with the doorkey look-a-like or ignition folding key look-a-like, I'm your man. ;)

3. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    You would probably hate my retro wood rim steering wheel next to my aluminum racing pedals, I am so confused. :)

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    nice keys!!! mine are just the old plain ones!

Looks great!

5. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Last winter I was toying with the idea of some carbon fiber stuff in my interior then realized no one knew what carbon fiber was in 1985