Mondial in Miami | FerrariChat

Mondial in Miami

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by DK.miami, Jul 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DK.miami

DK.miami Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    miami
    Full Name:
    daniel kaplan
    I have a 1993 low mileage (>3,000 miles) Mondial T. The car sat idle in a garage by the prior owner for about a decade. It is beautiful to look at but I can't seem to get it running great on a consistent basis.

Last fall I started to fix it up. It had its major service, new battery and I recently put on a new roof. However, it is having electrical issues. My mechanic says there is an electrical short but he can't seem to solve the problem. Does anyone know a good electrician who works on Mondials in South Florida? I live in The north end of Miami. Any assistance will be appreciated.

2. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Contact Tim Stanford at 954-764-7824.

He is a Ferrari guru.

Cheers

3. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #3 Alden, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    +1 on Tim, he is close to you and considered one of the best in the nation.

I bought my Mondial with his help and assurances that I was getting a good car.

Also, depending on where it sat idle, Miami in the salt air, or garage kept in Arizona, most of the electrical connectors, relays and fuses are probably corroded. You need to find, clean, replace or repair them all, especially the relays, and the T has more digital stuff than our more analog models, lots to go wrong.

And if it has an aftermarket alarm system, have it removed first, lots of hacks did those jobs and really screwed up the electrical systems on some good cars.

Last few pages of this thread show some electrical weirdness done by PO:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/304038-bradan-mondial-3-2-major-service.html
    Alden

4. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    Dude, you are in Miami, you should be at Tim Stanfords shop getting the low down, he is an authority on that car. There are probably a few sitting in the shop right now. And you are only 15 min away - he is around the Ft Lauderdale airport, 95 and state rd 84 (just the next exit after the airport/595).

5. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Or ask Wade!

6. robogeeks

robogeeks Karting

Sep 15, 2012
    Absolutely call Tim Stanford, he is considered one of the best Ferrari mechanics in the country, and he is a very nice guy. He, and his brother, have been working on Ferraris for decades. We live in south Miami, I took our 87 Cab to him when we got it for a thorough inspection, and he had three other Mondis, a couple of 308s, some Dinos, and a few other Ferraris in the shop at the time. A few months ago my car wasn’t starting, and his shop was full, He could have told me to bring it in a couple of weeks later when he had the space, but instead he helped me troubleshoot it over the phone, it turned out to be one of the magnetic flywheel sensors, he then put me in touch with his source for the part. I was able to change it and the car has been running perfect since. He cared more about me getting my car running than me bringing the car to him so he could make some money from me, very nice from any mechanic, specially a mechanic for high end cars.

7. DK.miami

DK.miami Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    miami
    Full Name:
    daniel kaplan
    Thanks. I have a call into him and hope you all are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk