QV Coupe on BaT | FerrariChat

QV Coupe on BaT

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by drbruno, Aug 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
  2. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    To be honest, I've been surprised that the comments have been as positive as they have been. Especially when compared to the comments made about the Mondial 8 on Jalopnik last year - For $20,995, This 1982 Ferrari Mondial 8 Will Let You Say You Own A Ferrari . Of course, the BaT user community seems to be a bit more mature and educated than Jalopnik's. It'll be interesting to see how the comments go.

As for this specific car, it's local to me. I had an exchange with the seller last year but never invested the time to go see the car. I just didn't get a good vibe from the conversation.

2cam

3. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    Contacted the seller months ago, when this car first showed up. Having owned 4 Rolls in the past, I asked him if he realized what the maintenance was on those cars. He said, "No problem, it has an American drive train". That would make the Rolls worth maybe 4 or 5K. Interesting!

4. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think it's too cheap, if the engine was really redone by Brian Crall. Anyone here who's interested could just call Brian directly and ask what he did to the car. Cut out the middle man. I'd guess he'd be willing to share the info since the owner is trying to sell.

I actually started a conversation with the owner via ebay. Didn't get a bad vibe but i haven't talked on the phone so who knows. But if he doesn't need the cash upfront, and the work done on the car can be verified, I think he can/should get more for it than that.

5. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I dunno.. the color combo isn't exactly "desirable". I've been quietly looking for a nice QV coupe. If this car was black, silver, gray or at least had a black interior I would have reached out myself.

6. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I disagree about the colour combo. I think the metallic blue over pale blue leather is very nice, but to each their own.

Would you be interested in a dark metallic grey/red leather QV coupe with a fresh engine rebuild from Fast Cars Ltd in Redondo Beach? I saw it there 2-3 weeks ago. It's a client's car. he is asking $35k. It seems like an amazing deal considering the work they did probably comes out to $20k minimum. I mean they really rebuilt the whole thing under the hood, It's like new.

I actually posted about it in the "Mondial's for Sale" sticky at the top of the page.

Call them! Ask for Francisco or Craig. Francisco showed me the car and walked me through it. A few paint blemishes but very minor. Everything else is great.

7. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    What is the deal with the engine outdoors with no valve cover? My first guess is owner took it apart and got stuck and shipped the mess to get it put back together. ???? Overall I like the car. Given the little info and pictures, my guess is it got a proper service and assembly but little more.

8. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
    I remember this one from last fall. I offered $12k for it as it looked like a lot of work. Lucky form him he didn't take my offer.

9. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    He had a "belt event", pulled motor, tried to sell it in pieces, then obviously reached out for help.

10. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    To me this is great news. Another one kept on the road.

11. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The owner explains this in the comments on BaT. Apparently he hoisted the engine out himself and took it to a local garage. The garage declared it out of their league so they hoisted back into a truck and took it over to Brian Crall. The pic was apparently taken while they were putting it in the truck to drive over to Brian's shop.

12. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    +1.

13. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Here's a copy of the ebay ad from last fall -

1983 Ferrari Mondial QV .

2cam

14. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah, the seller says in the BaT comments that he tried selling it previously with a blown engine, but it didn't work out so he had it rebuilt. He also said yes when i asked him about it as well.

Between this and the other Mondial I posted about, that's two QV's for sale right now with brand new engine rebuilds from well trusted shops. IMO a very good deal for whoever the buyers are, considering there's gotta be at least 15-20k brand new work done in each of those cars.