3.2 Mondial "LIGHTS" warning light | FerrariChat

3.2 Mondial "LIGHTS" warning light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by PBonneau, Aug 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PBonneau

PBonneau Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Whenever the headlights are on and the brake pedal is pressed, the "LIGHTS" warning in the center console becomes illuminated. It goes off again as soon as I release the brake pedal. In walking around the car I can't find any burned out bulbs. None of the other warning lights come on. When the headlights are off I don't get a "LIGHTS" warning when braking.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Philippe

2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    That system is saying a bulb is burnt out. Could also just be a bad connection. When I had that problem I went all around the car checking all bulbs, then I pulled and made sure all connections were clean. I finally found (in my case) that the license plate lights were a corroded mess. Have someone look at the rear when you press the brakes. If you can't find anything I'd go through all the bulbs back there and make sure they are clean so you don't have excess resistance. I think those license plate bulbs are a common problem.

3. PBonneau

PBonneau Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks! I cleaned all the bulb bases in the tail lights as you suggested. I checked that all the ground wires were connected. I also checked that all the bulbs were identical, and they were all 1034. Now the warning light is gone!

Thanks again for the guidance.

Philippe

4. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Success! Glad to hear it.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I cant remember exactly but i think some of the reflectors have 2 bulbs, so if 1 blows you still have the other, this comes on when a bulb goes but your check would just see the reflector having light. I think that is right so check if any 2 bulb set up.