It's Alive.......again | FerrariChat

It's Alive.......again

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by BOKelley, Aug 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    #1 BOKelley, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I finished up on the major mechanical work last night and tested operation of the engine. Except for a minor mistake where I had the flywheel sensor plugs bassackwards, she started right up. The project included checking/shimming of valves (thank you Bell Bloke for the video), belts, pulleys, seals, gaskets, sensors, hoses, plugs, rotors, caps, extenders, wires, cleaning, painting, more cleaning and probably a few other little items I have forgotten over the past few months.

All I can say is that compared to the 70's vintage BMW I am used to tackling, this project was difficult. Probably because I am getting older and am not as limber as I used to be, but a transverse mid engine will be a wee bit more challenging in the access department. However, when she fired back up and could hear the harmony without clicking of loose valves, sloppy belts, all was right with the world.

It was extremely rewarding to complete and celebrated post ignition with a glass (well okay, maybe two or three) of champagne.....

Brock
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Great work. Congrats! Extremely rewarding turning the key and it starts!
    /Peter

3. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Superb, lovely work! nice to see classic cars being kept alive

4. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Wow Brock, that's a lovely honest and clean looking engine now, great news ;-)
    All the best Bell

5. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Congratulations, that engine bay is a work of art.

6. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Very nice. Looks like you repainted the plenum for that factory fresh look :D

It's a great feeling when it comes back to life. Congratulations on getting it wrapped up. And with some driving season left to go. :)

The SRI hoses look good in there too.

7. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    I think they are a good upgrade, certainly will not have to worry about changing them ever again!

8. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Awesome. Good for you