Mondial Euro Trip 2016 | FerrariChat

Mondial Euro Trip 2016

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MvT, Sep 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #1 MvT, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In less then a week we are off to Italy with some Mondials. The intention was to go with 6, but Jurgen's and mine are not finished in time So we are down to 4. It will be fun as this is the first trip with people from several countries. United States, France, Belgium and from The Netherlands.

I'll be driving my commuter with some logo's and in Italy I hop in with either Bart or Gerald.

My journey together with Alden will start in The Netherlands upcoming Friday. We head of to Belgium to Bart his place where we spend the night and have a BBQ. The next day we drive of and rendezvous with Stefan and Kinnie. After the we head off to Dijon to meet up with Gerald. We drive together to Mulhouse to spend the night and visit the largest Bugatti museum in the world. From there our journey will continue to Italy. More to come! stay tuned.

Our communication tools and how Lady Grey is spending her time in the garage these days after a repaint! (I'll do a post on that we get back) first it's time to relax and enjoy this trip :cool:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I am in Paris for 10 days with my Wife, then she flies home and leaves me with the guys for the tour.

They were renting a red Cali and white Lambo near the Bastille (80 Euro for 20 minutes) and I saw a beautiful, red 355 going down the Champs-Élysées yesterday!

Can't wait to get in the Mondials for the drive to the factory.

Alden

3. Mfoncerrada

Mfoncerrada Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2009
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Miguel Foncerrada
    Congratulations! Sounds like quite a trip! Send Pics!

4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #4 MvT, Sep 6, 2016
    Just 2 days and we are off to Italy again. Since my Mondial is staying home I did some decaling on my commuter to show that I belong to the rest of the Mondial pack that drives in front of me :cool:

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very Cool!!!

Enjoy My friends!!!

6. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Very nice!
    Alden

7. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Hey MvT, I love the decals......but you missed a trick, what you should have done was to get a side on shot of your Mondial and have it turned into a decal that you could paste onto your commuter ;-)

8. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    #8 enzo360, Sep 17, 2016
  9. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    it must have been one of the most fantastic weeks of my life: going to the factory and parking my car in front of the entrance, visiting the Schlumpff collection in Mulhouse, the Ferrari museums, the start of the Gran Premio Nuvolari, etc... Too many things to mention :)

I also want to thank everyone on out trip, to make it such a splendid week, full of fantastic moments, laughter, fine diners and much more.

We have also proven that Mondials are ideal cars for travelling long distances and that even after 12 hours of driving, we still don't feel too exhausted. Excellent seats !!!

10. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Shame your Mondi didn't make it in time for the trip. Still at least in the commuter car you can relax ;-)
    Oh by the way Kato is up and running again, it was just a plug to the sensor as we suspected.
    All the best Bell.
    PS. Great seeing you in Amsterdam :)

11. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well done lads looks like you made some great memories :)

12. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #13 MvT, Sep 19, 2016
    During the trip the commuter became the leading car to guide us through traffic. We had our radios, which made if much more easy to stay together. Was nice to meet you guys in Amsterdam too Bell. Hopefully this year still in the UK if the lady is finished!

-------
    Everyone ordered a Ferrari polo and T-shirts in the Ferrari web shop and Bart brought it all to print a very nice logo on the back. We got really nice comments on it during our trip. The evolution of men into the Mondial! :cool:

We hit the road with three Mondials and a commuter to meet Gerald in Mulhouse (France) Not very soon our first minor issue arose. Smell of fuel! During going up and down the mountains pressure build up in one of the Mondial and released if by opening the lid. For the time being we didn't close it too tight. We discussed the issue on a later parking lot and it would be most likely the breather valve that was stuck. In Italy we had the time to look at it and it was indeed a stuck valve :)

13. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #14 MvT, Sep 19, 2016
    Some breaks in between on the way to meet Gerald and somewhere at 16:00 we met up in the parking lot of the Bugatti Museum (Schlumpf Collection Cité de l'Automobile - Home | Cité de l'Automobile : Collection Schlumpf - Site officiel - gérée par Culturespaces, M)

Gerald made a reservation upfront for all of us in a hotel where we spend the night and put our cars downstairs in the garage.

14. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Wow that blue Mondi looks kind of Gt4 ish in blue, well at least in the picture. I like it....

15. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Thanks, it's Blu Scuro, a non-metallic deep blue color.

16. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #17 MvT, Sep 19, 2016
  17. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Nice pictures, it looks like you all had a lot of fun!

18. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    #19 Dino2400, Sep 20, 2016
    Great trip!! Keep those pictures coming. And for the first time i even like a Pug... ;) :p

I've visited Maranello with our Mondial last May. Next year I will probably be doing it again if there are any 'Ferrari 70' events!

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hello Friends,

I plan to be in Maranello this January and was super excited to tour the factory. My account manager at my dealership was gracious in setting myself and my wife up. Unfortunately, I was told that you have to be at least 16 in age to participate

I have two small daughters (9 & 11) that now can't come with me.

Is there any tips or tricks any of you have or any advice you can give me?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

20. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    No kids on the tour, no way, no how. They really let you get very close to the production activities and to try to control children in that situation would be impossible.

They also put stickers over both of your cell camera lenses, so no photos either.

But the tour is wonderful and the access they allow us is unforgettable.
    Alden

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    oh wow....

got it.

:(

Got to hire a babysitter....

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Alden,

If I may trouble you further. How long is the tour?

Thank you for your response earlier.

Have a nice day.

23. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    IIRC, the tour of the factory, F1, V8, V12 assembly areas and test track is about 2 hours +/-, then they take you to the Ferrari store for 20 minutes, then the Ferrari museum, where the guides leave you on your own.
    Alden

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank you so much for the info.

Have a nice day!