U.S. t Coupe - ZFFFD32A9K0082059 | FerrariChat

U.S. t Coupe - ZFFFD32A9K0082059

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Wade, Sep 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #1 Wade, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    I think it may still be for sale but not at that price ... just a hunch.

3. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #3 Wade, Sep 10, 2016
    Shouldn't be any higher based on what it needs. The car appears to be a "maintenance deferred" example e.g. notice that the rear shocks are not the OEM three-position adjustable and the leather needs some treatment.

"This 1989 Ferrari Mondial T was produced in Modena, Italy in June 1989, and delivered new to California, making it 1 of the 43 to be imported to North America. It moved to Hawaii in 1994 where it resided until returning to the mainland in 1999. It's 3.4L V8 with 300HP has only driven 36,580 miles since 1989."

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ferrari/mondial/1870587.html

But it does have the SRI upgraded fusebox.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #4 Wade, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    I wondered about rust given the Hawaii history. Apparently they fall apart pretty badly in HI. There is a similar T coupe (same color) in AZ that is rusted beyond help already, apparently came out of FL. It occurred to me these might be the same cars as there is quite a bit of rust around the shocks on this one but I don't think so.

6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  7. Rupp3r

Rupp3r Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    France
    #7 Rupp3r, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Was almost interested in this one, but sadly the import taxes for an european were a no go!

I was also wondering why the price is looking so low, or if it has stand for years in Hawaii without being driven or serviced?

8. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I called, and it's been sold.

9. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    As long as you properly service and store it (climate controlled), not being driven much is not a problem as many believe. I bought my "t" new in 1990 and this week's drive just put the odometer a tick above 8K miles and it works as well as day one.

10. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think driving them regularly is the best thing, but us East Coasters have to garage them for the winter, so that's a solid 4 months off the road. As far as I know they usually work in the spring. ;)

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    that's awesome to hear!!! For my own education, how often do you drive it though? I know you mentioned your cadence has worked very well. I would love to see what i myself can get away with (have an extra long vacation)

;)

Cheers

12. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Fact of life is I mostly drive Hertz cars overseas these days.

My wife’s ’08 smart has 14,000 miles and looks as good as new.

On my previous SUV, a ’06 V8 all options Touareg, which I gave to my son in ME, I clocked 30K in 6 years, including a trip to Canada and to FL from DC as well as a transcontinental trip form DC to PDX. The truck looks so nice that when I stopped as the local VW in Pittsburgh this last February, the mechanic came out to tell me this was the best ever 1st gen Touareg he has ever seen lately.

The “t” obviously wasn’t exercised much, may be thrice a year. These days I use it for dry weather runs to McMinnville to replenish my wine cellar. Everything work, mostly due to Fernando @ Competizione most excellent work. Well, the ABS CPU is shot, but I recently got a replacement CPU from a European parted out “t” and it will be installed either before or right after the winter.

I always, always let any car warm up to proper temps before having a good time. So much so with the “t”. Also, I only let factory trained mechanics touch it: first Pozzi, then Ferrari of Washington, and Competizione.

Also the “t” has been kept in a climate controlled garage all its life: a charmed life. :)
    So what’s in stock for ’17? Definitively new tires, another service of course, the replacement of the ABS ECU, a trip or two to Cannon Beach and may be, gasp, replacing the belts for the 2nd time? :p