emissions value adjustments | FerrariChat

emissions value adjustments

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by petrolheadjeff, Sep 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi all. My emissions values are a little high and need to come down. This is a no cat Euro model QV 3.0. Is there a procedure/method for this?

Just to say all the filters & fluids that can effect such values are new for this year

Thanks Jeff

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    There is a screw they adjust on the fuel system with the probe stuck up the pipe -not sure where exactly but dont mess about with it until u r sure.
    Have you tried putting some redex fuel treatment in the tank first, this an injection car ? If so get the injector version , otherwise the carb type.

3. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Mike, I guess that's the air/fuel mixture screw your talking about. So you know where it is? I've never tried RedX. It can't do any harm dropping some in the tank sometime but x alone won't adress the current imbalance.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Are you injection or a carb setup ? I remember the garage adjusting my fuel injection on my 3.2 mondial.
    The redex certainly helps the injectors ?
    Have a look on u tube to see what you find

5. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Tune up. Spark plugs have been done? Vacuum leaks can have an impact. I'd make sure everything is in order before playing with factory mixture settings. Fi cleaner can't hurt. Put it in and run through a whole tank. Also take it for a good run before you bring it in. Make sure it's up to full temp.

6. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #6 petrolheadjeff, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Yes a previous post mentioned vacuum leakage. It gave me a heads up. I'll go there first.

Is the mixture "factory set" on these engines? Really? This is a new thing thats popped up. (gotta luv old Ities. Never a dull FIAT moment (Fix It Again Tony:) My car is well serviced. She got the "Full Monty" this year but a bad a vac leak is worth looking into. It would explain the somewhat irregular idle and honk of unburnt fuel at the tail end.

What info can be read/adjusted off the cars CPU? Obviously Bosch KTronic is pretty ancient now.

7. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I'm not a K-jet expert but I don't believe there is anything to be gotten from the computer on our old systems. Don't forget to check around the injectors for vaccuum leaks. I may be inventing a problem that doesn't really exist, but with the age of these cars I'm installing all new O rings for the injectors and injector seals. Unfortunately I was unable to find a good way of removing the seals without removing the intake runners.

IMO the K-jet doesn't go out of adjustment, everything around it gets old. (again, not that knowledgeable)

Looks like you have a book on the way from another. Good stuff. Fascinating system.

Is it just the CO that is high? What numbers did you get?