Heavens Landing Fall 1/2 Mile Speed Trials | FerrariChat

Heavens Landing Fall 1/2 Mile Speed Trials

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Rapalyea, Sep 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Its been about six months since I ran the Mondial at 115mp in the Spring trials. That was one of the grandest days of my life! Head to tail in line to be timed along with about two hundred specimens of every serious speed machine made. Vipers were routine. Vettes and Camaro SS by the dozens. Caddy CTS-Vs and Nissan GT-Rs were like flies in Summer! Porches, BMWs, AMG Mercs etc etc. Lambos were turning 210 mph!

I think the organizers invited me out of simple human interest. The Mondial was adored by everyone who walked past it. No one was even much interested in my trap speed. They simply liked looking at it and knowing it was actually posting trap speeds that day. Five times!

I hope to find inclusion in the Spring Trials of 2017. Not with the Mondial. But with either my ancient 1988 prepped and blown Lincoln MK VII, or my most recent and curious acquisition: A 2014 Caddy CTS V-sport.

It will be a digression from strict Ferrari posting but all my cars are relevant one to the other. Even my 1965 Corvair Monza Convertible.