Clutch Slave for QV? | FerrariChat

Clutch Slave for QV?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by cockrill, Nov 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    It's time to replace my car's clutch slave... It looks like Ricambi may have the seals, and I may go that route, but does anyone know where I can get an entire slave assembly? Superformance appears to have them (at a good price, I might add), but are there any other known sources? I've searched FChat but some of the info is quite old...

Thanks.

--Jeremy

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I love Superformance, great pricing, availability and shipping speed. I have had some luck with AW Italian more recently. Ferrari Mondial QV
    Keep your OEM original if it is in indeed original as the old castings were often better than the new ones.

I would also replace the clutch hose, the best price is AW Italian, as the hose is subject to a lot of exhaust heat. The OEM one was braided stainless with a hard black plastic covering. The AW is just like a brake hose. I have not found a confirmed source for an OEM style braided hose.

3. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  4. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    Thanks, Andy, for the recommendation for AW Italian -- I have had good dealings with Superformance, but I think I'll try AW Italian this time so that I can get the slave cylinder in quicker...

Guido, I saw some older posts about the Lancia slave being a drop in replacement, but I also read a few posts recommending against using the Lancia slaves as they fail more often (?). Have you had any experience with the Lancia slaves? Thanks.

--Jeremy

5. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I have a Lancia cilinder since 2004 and have changed the seal every 2 years...cilinder itself its still in good condition. Lancia cilinder looks exactly like OEM. Only 300 euro cheaper !
    Superformance part has a fail...it has no inner ring to hold back the piston I've reed somewhere...

Guido

6. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Does the Lancia cilinder have a inner ring? The Alfa 25.6 mm cilinder doesn't have a ring. But the question is if there is a risk of the piston popping out without the ring. From which Lancia model is the cilinder?

7. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #7 theunissenguido, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    In a word, Superformance

9. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido

Its just the cilinder from Superformance that has NO seeger ring and the piston can drop out.

Guido

10. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Yes it has no ring true, but once fitted it can't drop out.
    :)