Ferrari Emblem on trunk "loose" | FerrariChat

Ferrari Emblem on trunk "loose"

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 88MONDIAL, Nov 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    So I just got the Mondial yesterday but I notice this metal on metal vibration dependent on engine RPM - worse at certain rpms. I found that my FERRARI emblem on the top of my rear trunk is somewhat loose - all areas that go into the trunk panel have a good 1mm of play in them. During engine/exhaust resonance, this causes a slight but annoying vibration that reverberates. How exactly is this anchored in and how can I get it to sit solidly on my trunk?

Had a HUGE smile on my face bringing it home last night. My GOD the sounds and smells are really something! Haha... So happy to be back in an older Ferrari.
    Thanks

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    :) I think it's just stuck on by adhesive, but I could be wrong. Call Ricambi America up, they should be able to tell you in a jiffy! Congratulations again !!!

3. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Thanks again paulcha! I Looked at it this morning before work. It has like 4 tabs that seem to go through the metal trunk (they are under 4 of the letters). No clue how it comes off without breaking it. The 4 holes are loose side to side and there's also play up and down. During certain RPM's you hear this tinie buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz coming from the rear. Glad I found it, but now I gotta fix it. It's like there should have been rubber grommets in but they aren't there and the metal emblem tabs are touching the metal trunk holes.

4. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    They are hold by clips. Is VERY difficult to get them of without breaking those pins...
    You can try with a knife wricking the clips down each time left side, then right side and vica versa.
    What you can do is putting some more spacers between those clips and boot just to eliminate play you have.

Guido

5. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    hammer and nails worked for me

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If i remember right , it is fixed onto 2 pins with a type of self locking spring washer- u can buy new badges at about £35 ea. If you can get the fixing washers off, try a bit of expoxy under the washers

7. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I had more time (and light) to look and yes you are right, they are held on by 2 Pins and metal clips. I took a needle nose plyers and pushed up on the clip to get it to the next rung on the pin, didn't click up perfectly, but I have reduced the play by 80% and now it doesn't vibrate anymore! Thanks for the responses.