1992 Mondial T | FerrariChat

1992 Mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by psy770, Nov 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.
    I'm interested in a car and had some questions. Maybe someone could assist.

1) Seats in car are faded and leather is worn off in spots. Is it better to redye them or have them reupholstered? How much for Ferrari to reupholster?

2) What are the stats for this car? (Performance 0-60/Quarter Mile/ braking 60-0)

3)How many black 92 T cabriolet were imported to the United States? How many 92 T cabriolet were imported in white?

4) How much to replace seat belt motor ?

5) How much to get keys made?

6) What type of radio did the car originally come with?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think seats are about $5-$10K for new one from Ferrari? Not sure though. I would say reupholster - price depends on the quality you want.

All stats on wikipedia.

So only 379 t cabs imported - I argue 75% at least red - so 95 units to split among the rest of the colors? Maybe ~20-25? accross 89-93? so for 92 - maybe what - 5?

I just had mine re-oiled-conditioned - free from my mechanic

$10 at your home depot

I think it was optional, but if you use the search option here - you should be able to find the info you need.

Good luck

3. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  4. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.
    Do you know what the cost of a spare tire and rim would be?

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've seen as cheap as $300 - as expensive as $800 - kind of all over the map. Tires also vary - my Advan Neova are about $130 each.

Just curious about your situation, are you looking at a Mondial with a lot of missing/broken parts?

6. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.
    Buying one. Has no spare. I am having PPI inspection before I buy from Ferrari dealer. One dealer wants 400.00 while other wants 1000. Have to wait a few weeks for appointment. Dealer by my home doesn't call back. Terrible so far.

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    If you would please fill out your profile with location info, we may be able to point you towards someone close to you who can do a PPI better, cheaper, ect.

Not sure if a '92 T came with a spare tire or just a Ferrari labeled can of Fix a Flat. ???
    Alden

8. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    Sounds like the car has led a tough life. If seats need replacement it's probably done more miles than the odo shows, and had less love than a mongrel dog.

If you are worried about the cost to replace mickey mouse things like keys, then hold onto your wallet. You ain't seen nothing yet.

9. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    What country are you from, PSY?

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ah got it! I think the Mondials came with no spare but a fix a flat (at least that's what my manual says), there is of course room for it. To completely reupholster one seat is not so bad..1-2 k. Keep in mind that while it's good your doing a PPI what really hurts these cars is just 'sitting' a lot of problems will only show up after you've breathed back new life into her. When was last major done?

Cheers

11. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Seats can be done for $2500 each. You can buy the cover for Ghh (GAHH Automotive) in southern California, then have a good shop redo the padding. The leather is a great match, and you'll end up with new looking seat.

The spare is another story. You not only need the spare, you'l need the special jack, etc. I know because I had to replace mine, not an easy task.

Art

12. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.

Profile Completed.

PPI is done. Well worth the money for PPI. I would recomend anyone to have one performed before purchasing.

Thanks for your help.

13. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.

Thanks for your input, we thought this was a chat forum to obtain and exchange information, not snide remarks.

We bought it anyway. If we need financial planning, we will contact you.

14. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.

Thanks Art. Your input is appreciated.

We are looking into sourcing a wheel, tire will be easy. It has Continentals on it.

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Congrats!!!

Hope you enjoy your drives!

16. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.
    #16 psy770, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.
    I tried to post another photo, but it keeps appearing upside down. Anyone know why ?

18. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
  19. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I have that issue as well when uploading pictures from my phone. To solve it, send the pic to yourself or sync you phone on your computer so you can view the image. Open the image on your computer and adjust the size up or down and then back to the original, save it. That usually sets the orientation meta data correctly. This seems to work for me.

Congrats on the purchase!

20. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    You can redye the leather yourself for a few hundred dollars. Not sure what shape your seats are in but a proper redye done correctly will make a world if difference. I used leatherique on my entire interior for a few hundred dollars. Stereo was optional but the blaupunk is a good choice. No spare in that model I believe just fix flat in tool kit. And of course anything that has a prancing horse on it spells $$$$$$$$$ Every little part is expensive. It's a Ferrari. Looks good on rollback can't wait to see it up and running on the road. Best of luck to you and your new Ferrari purchase the fun begins now.

21. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Is it missing it's cheese graters on the side intakes?

22. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.
    Anyone know where I can locate a passenger side automatic seatbelt motor for 1992 Mondial t ?