Best Mondial 101 source? | FerrariChat

Best Mondial 101 source?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Ferrarifan2016, Nov 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Trying to find a source of info on the Mondial. Looking for more than Wikipedia provides.

Any suggestions? Want to get smart as I keep eyes open for different Ferrari options out there in my price range.

Thanks

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #2 paulchua, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Mondialt.com

Wink wink

But seriously, this forum and search have answers to 3/4ths of the questions I've had, the rest one of the 5 Ferrari mechanics near me can answer, the rest I ask my Ferrari club members. Anything after that I guess you can ask Classiche in Maranello

3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  4. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thanks! Really appreciated.

5. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    This forum is the primary source if you need any kind of info on the model. Are you looking for something in specific?

6. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Nothing specific, yet. I love sports cars generally and always wanted to add a Ferrari.

Not sure how much Im comfortble spending. Roads here (Detroit) are not good and makes me worry about damaging something that is really nice

Not sure what my budget is yet but I always felt the Mondial seemed underappreciate

That website linked was great and I am reading many parts of the site to learn more.

Thanks!

7. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ha! Try driving one in NYC! My wife's brother is a retired military guy, who swears the roads here are worse than the roads in Baghdad!!

8. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  9. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
  10. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    The Mondial was a 4-seater GT styled follow-on to the Dino 308 GT4.

Dino 206 --> 246 --> Ferrari 308 GTS/GTB

Dino 308GT4 --> Mondial 8/QV/3.2/t

Makes sense to me.

sid

11. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    This forum has ALL the info you could ever want on the Mondial, info that is not in the books or websites.

But you have to be willing to spend a few hours, or days or weeks, reading as much as you can.

I lurked and researched here for 5 years before I bought my Mondial.

Alden

12. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I also have found this place to be the best location for all I was looking for. Also, go to the 308/328 section and look through the "what to look for when purchasing a 308/328. As you likely know, except for the Mondial t, it's the same underneath mechanically. If you are looking at a Mondial t, go to the 348 section. So much to learn here and so much fun to discover. Enjoy the learning experience.

And we have at least one owner in Detroit who can probably talk about the ins and outs of Mondial ownership in that area. I've spent several hours cruising around in his car. I'll leave it for him to chime in. :)

13. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    The information is great!

I have not settled on one car but want to learn about many.

I am a big Ferrari Fan! Thank you to all and I will read more and come with new questions later.