Does the 308/328 exhaust bolt directly onto a 3.2 Mondial? (US cars/exhaust) | FerrariChat

Does the 308/328 exhaust bolt directly onto a 3.2 Mondial? (US cars/exhaust)

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by James in Denver, Nov 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    I'm potentially looking at replacing the exhaust on my inbound 3.2 Mondial. I can't find any supplier listing the Mondial separately.

So, first thing, would a 328 exhaust bolt onto a Mondial 3.2?

Secondly, would a US 308 QV exhaust bolt on to a Mondial 3.2? Are the 3.0 exhausts the same as the 3.2 or not?

This is a US car with a cat, I think the 3.2's are a single intake (right term?) rather than the dual intake due to the cat.

Lastly, has anyone replaced their cat with a hyperflow-type cat, such as the Fabspeed "sport cat".

References:
    Ferrari 328 Maxflo Performance Exhaust System - Fabspeed Motorsport
    Ferrari 328 Sport Catalytic Converters - Fabspeed Motorsport

Thanks in advance,
    James

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #2 Wade, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    The headers will bolt up, but almost nothing will fit. The mufflers are completely different but a handful of cars use the same cat.

Go through the parts diagrams at Ricambi and see what does or doesn't cross-reference. While there, you might need a few things anyway.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/mondial-group/mondial-3-2/exhaust-system-for-us-and-sa-version/121385-catalyst.html

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/mondial-group/mondial-3-2/exhaust-system-for-us-and-sa-version.html

3. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    I have a Quicksilver exhaust on my 3.2 QV that came off of a 328. No problems with fitment. And to be clear, by exhaust, I mean the muffler after the factory cat. When I purchased the system I also received a "test pipe" which would replace the cat. Because the Quicksilver sounds so good, I have never had an inclination to remove the cat.

Brock

4. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    BOKelly, I'm in CO but I haven't got my car yet. When I do, could I arrange to view your set up (assuming you're still in CO)?

Wade, my bad, BOKelly got it, I mean MUFFLER, not headers/etc. Just from the cat backwards.

I totally would understand why items in front of the cat might not fit correctly, different engine bay.

Thanks!!!

James in Denver

5. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    James, I would be happy to....I am located in Golden so not a problem to get something arraigned....

Brock