BlazeCut | FerrariChat

BlazeCut

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JAS12, Nov 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    I know there has been many discussions about the BlazeCut product.

https://www.amazon.com/BlazeCut-Auto.../dp/B00D7M3E7O

Just wondering if anyone purchased it and have any photos they can share.

Trying to decide between the 6 foot or 9 foot, leaning towards the 9 foot.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos on this.

2. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ATLdoghouse has one. He posted a pic. I'll try to find the link. I think he uses the 6ftr.

3. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    Very cool.

Thanks!

Looks like the 6 foot fits very well. For a few dollars more I may just opt for the 9 footer for a little more protection.

4. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    It's an interesting product and a good quick fix, BUT the demonstration video did not look like a petrol fire to me.
    Petrol fires are explosive and hard to put out. The fire was on top of the engine that probably had an undertray, our engines are very open by the sources of heat ie manifolds. Also the extinguisher is only a short duration before it is spent.
    However that said it is in a confined space and might be enough to work, it's certainly easy to use and a quick install. It's better than nothing at all. If I was purchasing I think I'd buy x2 of them and put 1 covering the manifold area and the other on top of the engine as shown. However at that cost you could get a proper fire system.
    Anyway food for thought, regards Bell

5. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    The tube is very stiff and does not easily bend. I'd recommend the 6' length, just my 2 cents.

6. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I bought the 6' length and am studying the best way to install it.

I think I am going to loop it around the front of the engine then it will end up over the fuel distribution system at the back of the engine compartment.

I also painted the tube flat black so it will not be so noticeable once installed.

The tube does not like sharp bends so you have to plan the install carefully.

Will report back with pics once I get it installed.

I also bought some fuzzy side Velcro to stick on the tube where it may contact rough surfaces like the grill on the underside of the engine deck lid.

I survived a fire in my Lotus Europa many years ago by bailing out while the car was still moving, so anything that gives me a little more time is valuable to me.
    Alden

7. TGIF

TGIF Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Milpitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Paully
    Wow never knew this product existed. I read the earlier thread on fire but didn't see the pics and posts about this product. I recently fixed a gas leak which was on the fuel skid plate (bottom). Simple add on of another hose clamp to the fuel pump but with the pads that sit on that plate as well as grooves it's easy for a small leak to pool up and have sitting gas in it. This won't help much in that case but 1-5 seconds more of a supression to get out of the car can and will save a life or more.

Great "dads" gift for the the holiday and simple extra insurance not only to help save the car but maybe save a life in getting out in time. Just my thoughts.