Battery Replacement and Cut Off | FerrariChat

Battery Replacement and Cut Off

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by NeedSpace, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeedSpace

NeedSpace Karting

Nov 23, 2012
    Bergen County NJ
    #1 NeedSpace, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I decided to replace my battery with the RedTop 34. It fits nicely in the battery area and doesn't require removing the wheel should i need to replace it. I used this link for my battery selection.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/398263-mondial-car-battery-replacement.html

In addition, it'll be far easier to attach jumpercables should I need to. While there, I also added a battery shutoff. I think I have a slow battery drain that I'll have to investigate once the weather warms up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #2 Alden, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. NeedSpace

NeedSpace Karting

Nov 23, 2012
    Bergen County NJ
    Oh COOL! Thanks. I wondered what that was. Now I can put this cut off on another car!

4. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I use that same aftermarket disconnect. It's probably better to leave the OEM part alone, IMO.

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    and make a bridge from your aftermarket to the chassis. A lot of problems with the OEM part.

Guido

6. blownfuse

blownfuse Karting

Jul 16, 2012
    Campbell, California
    How are you holding that battery down? There's no hold-down in my 3.2, so I'm putting an aftermarket hold-down in place, but having problems with the clearance between the battery and the fiberglass shield... may just go full redneck and use a tie-down strap.

7. blownfuse

blownfuse Karting

Jul 16, 2012
    Campbell, California
    Guido speaks the truth. The OEM switch is garbage. Save yourself some headaches and go straight to the chassis. Bad grounding problems manifest in a number of completely mysterious ways...

8. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You need pt no 60641100- it holds the rib at the base of the battery to the tray- eurospares have a used one at £15 or £35 new.