QV heat and ac blower won't blow | FerrariChat

QV heat and ac blower won't blow

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by srephwed, Dec 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I tried to find information on this and got more confused as I went along. One of my winter to do things is to try and make the blower motor work. I have looked at the wiring diagrams and checked on the internet and I am not having much luck. My QV has no blow. Top down in the summer and while moving in the winter it is bearable but I would like it to work. I see three relays are somewhere but I don't know where. Thanks in advance for any input and Merry Christmas to all.

2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    These 3 relays are located underneath the airco/heating block in the centre of the dashboard, in fact exactly between the footrests of driver and passenger.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #3 Steve Magnusson, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    First, can you clarify if: A) the cabin blower is completely dead for all requested speeds, or B) only maximum speed works?

If it's dead for all requested speeds, before going after the three relays on the AC unit itself:

1. Have you checked the fuse (#22 maybe, but you didn't give a specific version for your 1985 Mondial QV so please do that)?

2. All of the +12V power to run the AC unit and cabin blower exits the w white connector on the fuse-relay panel thru a single terminal with a large and small M (brown) wire. I would first just unplug the w connector and inspect this terminal for thermal damage. If it (or the corresponding male tab on the PCB) is not obviously fried, plug it back in, try turning the AC system on, and measure the voltage from the backend of this terminal to ground: if it is +12V, but the cabin blower doesn't run = that's justification for digging into the AC unit relays; if it isn't +12V = that has to be fixed first (and the trouble is on the fuse-relay panel or upstream of that).

Good Hunting!

4. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    There's a 21 pin connector in the pax footwell someplace that will kill the fans if it is bad or loose or has been disconnected. At least on the 328 that's the case.

5. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Blower does not operate at all. Thanks will do some checking

6. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #6 theunissenguido, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thats the 7e fuse counting from the right. Check if there is juice on the upperside (it gets power directly from battery). With good fuse you have juice underside that goes to Relais S, second relais from the right the middle one.
    There you must have juice at pin 30 (the upper connector of relais S) and from there (on pin 87 the lower on of relais S) when activated power goes to the 2 brown wires in connecter W (the 2 browntogether counting from under side).
    Let us know if there is power on those wires when your key is turned on ! Picture is an example for connector W on the right side of your fusebox. 2 Brown wires are left side of the red ones.

Guido
    Image Unavailable, Please Login