Ferrari Mondial T vs BMW 635 CSi drag race | FerrariChat

Ferrari Mondial T vs BMW 635 CSi drag race

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by paulchua, Jan 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1 paulchua, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    2 great cars! The slower gear shift in the T is where the CSI made up some ground.

4. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    635 was probably an automatic. Takeoff is easy with them and hard to beat in a manual car, and while the early 6 series had slouchboxes with a lot of power loss and much slower 0-60 times over a manual, the later 4HP22 performs well.
    Also, these cars are in a comparable power to weight ratio class.

5. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Funny how the skeletons in your closet always come back to haunt you... haha! Well, that was me driving my Mondial with my buddy Jonathan in the passenger seat. Things I've learned are 1) I suck at drag racing, and 2) never believe anyone, even friends, when they tell you a video is not going to be shared. It will be :)

The 635 in that video was my other buddy, Tim. Yes, it was an automatic, but the 4HP22 really seems to suit that car. Having driven it, I can tell you shifts at full throttle are firm and fast. And with 208HP and 3,500lbs, the 6 is also surprisingly quick from a dig. No doubt, the initial outcome would have been different if I actually "launched" my car properly, but I wasn't about to do that.

The goal of that day was a back to back to comparison of the Mondial vs. my other friend's 1990 ZR1 coupe. All in all, a pretty good day! Here is the video of that comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDC2INsnOw

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    thanks Mike - great videos!!! and all in good fun!