QV vs 3.2 - Interior and electrics differences? Ditto for QV Cab/3.2 Cab? | FerrariChat

QV vs 3.2 - Interior and electrics differences? Ditto for QV Cab/3.2 Cab?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by James in Denver, Jan 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    I know there are external differences between the QV and the 3.2, and of course, there is the engine difference.

However, can anyone detailed out any differences in the QV and 3.2 interior or electronics? Are they both the same? Seats? Dash? Gauges? Switches?

Same with the Cabrio's, are there any differences between the QV and 3.2 cabs? Do they have the same tops, top dimensions, mechanisms?

There were definitely changes to the interior for the t 3.4, but I thought the QV and 3.2s were basically the same.

Thanks for any info!

James in Denver

2. braq

braq Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Hill Island
    Full Name:
    Paul XXXcX
    The one that makes all the difference for me,
    the elegant and unusual (brushed aluminum?) interior handle/locking of the earlier

http://sportscarbible.com/_images/ferrari/ferrari-mondial/ferrari-mondial-lg/ferrari-mondial-lp1110299scb.jpg

versus the more common look (Alfa?) of the later

http://www.classicitaliancarsforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kA_800.jpeg

The earlier leaves your average passenger completely clueless as how to open the door himself, some have mistaken it for the window regulator switch and pressed for quite a while before reporting back a malfunction ;-)

But then I also have a weak spot for the Mercedes Coupes up to the 111/112 series, where the interior air vents are full metal and chromed versus the black plastic that replaced it ever after.

Cheers

braq

3. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Those are identical QV and 3.2...the wires that are leaving both fuseboxes have identical connections. A minor difference interior harness is possible.

Guido

4. blownfuse

blownfuse Karting

Jul 16, 2012
    Campbell, California
    Guido is likely right here, but it should be noted that the color coding on the wires themselves has undergone a few changes. For all I know, the guys at the factory just used whatever was lying on the floor that day to wire up my harness... not much of it matches the manual.

5. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    My '88 3.2 with ABS has a different indicator panel to make room for the ABS light.

Cabrios have a rear window lock switch with indicator light and coupes have rear defrost switch that the cabrio lacks.
    Alden