Tyre Pressures? | FerrariChat

Tyre Pressures?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by AMV8c4sSC, Jan 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AMV8c4sSC

AMV8c4sSC Rookie

Sep 25, 2016
    Oxford
    #1 AMV8c4sSC, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm looking for some help with tyre pressures as I'm about to fit 348 wheels to my 3.2 Mondial. The tyres are Bridgestone Expedia S-01 Tyres Front: 215/50ZR17 Rear: 255/45ZR17. Does anyone have any experience on the optimal pressures, front and rear?

The 348 wheels are replacing a set of 16" cromodora's which I have for sale on eBay. The spare wheel incidentally is the correct wheel design for the 3.2 with TRX tyre, but someone at some point has cashed these in as they seem to be quite pricey.

I had some fun with bolts and decided in the end to opt for a set of new chrome headed bolts from Hill Engineering at £9.90+vat each plus aluminium socket (so around £300 all done). The Cromodora's have the 40mm shank/thread length whilst the 348's require 55mm shank/thread length. I know all this info is hidden amongst other threads but thought it might be useful to someone.

Another Mondial owner (with 360 starfish wheels) is buying the replica's and I'm throwing in 15 of the remaining bolts. I haven't tried yet but assume the spare original wheel will use the shorter bolts.

So the two items remaining are pressures and investing in a torque wrench.

Photo of the before attached, with after photos to follow next week. Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. AMV8c4sSC

AMV8c4sSC Rookie

Sep 25, 2016
    Oxford
    #2 AMV8c4sSC, Jan 21, 2017
  3. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I have the 348 wheels on my t coupe, and keep them between 35-38 lbs all round.

4. AMV8c4sSC

AMV8c4sSC Rookie

Sep 25, 2016
    Oxford
    Many thanks!

I also just found this on club scuderia:

Bridgestone Expedias 35 psi front, 34 psi rear

Pirelli P Zero's 32 psi all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AMV8c4sSC

AMV8c4sSC Rookie

Sep 25, 2016
    Oxford
    #5 AMV8c4sSC, Jan 22, 2017
    What a transformation!!! The 348 wheels and bolts were a straight swap and despite being significantly wider seem to improve the low speed manoeuvrability and steering wheel weight. They may not be original to the 3.2 but in my eyes the car looks immeasurably better and more complete design. The stance from the rear with the 255 sections...I can't seem to find words...

Next on the list is checking on the suspension set up and full respray in the spring (and sorting the light stalk soldering and trying to make the a/c and fans work... and so on and so on)

6. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

I know you chaps are not big fans of the old TRX tyre 240/55VR390 Michelin TRX | Longstone Tyres

However i thought you might be interested to know that the 400 lot seem to still really like them.

just out of interest over the last 12 months i have sold 12 times as many TRX tyres for the 400 as i have for the Mondiial.

I wondered if this was representative to the quantities of cars produced

7. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks great!