Parking Brake Spring? | FerrariChat

Parking Brake Spring?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by moysiuan, Jan 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/attachments/mondial/1493700d1333135465-e-brake-replacing-brake-shoes-mon32_041.jpg

The spring #15 in the diagram attached came off when I was fixing the hand brake in the car. One end goes on the cable end with the hole, but how does it hook to what on the other end? Does it just hook to the top or the bottom of the metal L profiled brace that holds the two #20 parking brake cables that go to each wheel?

I have tried thread search and Soucorp has excellent advice on the parking brake, but no pic of this area.

When adjusting the brake, my wheel is very stiff, the axle in the transmission means it does not spin freely. Is that normal, or do I have some parking brake drag, it is hard to tell?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    There is a small bent over tab with a hole in it for the spring.

Adjusting the brakes is done in the same manner any drum brake was adjusted. The only difference is the cable. For proper adjustment the cable adjustment needs to be backed all the way off or disconnected. Adjust the star wheels until the wheel is very firmly locked and back off 5 clicks. Do the other side the same way then reconnect the cable and adjust it. Check that when the brake handle is pulled both wheels lock to be sure the cable is attached internally.

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Got it, thanks.