mondial leather for seats? | FerrariChat

mondial leather for seats?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by gsfent, Jan 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I am going to do some interior cosmetics as the passenger seat is starting to show some wear. I have the Daytona style seats, so I am looking to match up what I have.

My local installer has no problem doing the seats, but he cannot find the matching leather. I thought GAAH would have it but he says no. It is crema with black Daytona inserts.

Does anyone have a lead on where I can get the matching covers? Seat bottom for sure, might also do the seat back depending on how well things match up.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You're looking for the Connelly leather? You can contact them directly to find correct colour and distributor...
    Vaumol - CONNOLLY

3. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Dave. I am not sure if it is Connolly or not. A prior owner did the seat upgrade to Daytona style, but I will check out your link. Thanks.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
  5. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No problem. OEM is Connelly but I guess that doesn't apply...maybe?

Either way, Connelly will send you samples if you email them. Their standard Vaumol range on offer is for older cars, up to 1970. But some of the colours carry over (my car built in 1983 still has VM3171-Red, for example). If you give them the year and send them pics they can likely help figure out a matching hide for you. They were very helpful when I contacted them.

Happy hunting!

6. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    what color are you painting the car when it's ready for paint?

7. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    @ Dave and Jurgen:

Thanks guys. I am in contact with the companies and they will either send swatches or I will cut a small piece out from under the seat and sent to them to match.

@petrolhead

No need to change the Prugna color on the exterior! :)

Regards,
    Jerry

8. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
  9. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Michael

Great to hear from you. Thanks for checking in!!

This is great info, I will follow up on Monday. It will be a lot easier to go to the guy who did it originally than track down matching leather.

I have enjoyed the car and have done my best to take care of her (as promised!!!). I have made a few tasteful upgrades (period correct radio) including a 1 inch spacer on the steering wheel to make it a little more comfortable. We also tuned the MAF's which were a bit off, and put in some Redline tranny fluid to help the old 2nd gear cold shift.

She runs great!!

Best Regards,
    Jerry

10. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Super. I wanted the right guy to end up with that car back so many years ago. Looks like the car got a great home as expected. It really treated me well and seems to have continued that trend. Viva Mondial!