Problem finding correct door lock switch for Mondial t | FerrariChat

Problem finding correct door lock switch for Mondial t

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by aec, Feb 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    Has anybody encountered a problem finding an actual correct new switch for the (electrical) door lock switch on a Mondial t, part #137495?

I recently obtained a new #137495 from a well-known vendor. It had the correct physical form and correct physical operation but I discovered that, electrically, it is the wrong type of switch. There are three pins on the switch, call them left, center, and right. Normally, there should be an OPEN circuit between the left and right pins (see below). But in the new switch that was provided (and actually sourced from Ferrari), there is normally a SHORT circuit between the left and right pins. I then obtained a new #137495 from another well-known vendor, but it also was the same type of wrong switch electrically.

By looking at the circuit diagram in the Mondial t Repair Manual, I can see that the switch (block 03104 in the circuit diagram) should normally have an OPEN circuit between the left and right pins.

By making manual connections directly across the terminal connecting block (for the said switch) in the car (a 1990 Mondial t), I have verified that proper operation of the door locks occurs when there is normally an OPEN circuit between the left and right sides.

In the absence of being able to find a proper new #137495, I now plan to use a rear window switch which happens to have all the correct electrical and physical characteristics to act as a substitute..

2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    #2 stekkefun4, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have the original ones, coming from a T (for the moment still within the centre console, but working fine). Here's a pic. I'm selling these at 50 euro each.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've done business with stekkefun4 a few times. I had a great experience.