Mondial ventilation | FerrariChat

Mondial ventilation

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Euba, Feb 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    Hi everyone,

The inside ventilation fan of my Mondial QV has topped working. The car electrician can't find the fault, although to be frank he hasn't had the chance to look at the wiring diagram yet. Has anybody had his problem?

Thanks.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    fuse no 18 is a 20 amp for the AC system and fuse no 6 is a 20 amp for the fan for the condenser. Relay D is for the condenser fan, relay S is for the AC operation. Both these relays are same pt no
    I have a wiring diagram of the AC system if needed

3. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
  4. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    Thanks Mike.

5. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    My mechanic has found that the problem in my Mondial is the heater fan motor and this is about £1000 + a lot of labour. Is anybody aware of any possible way of lessening this financial pain?
    Thanks again.

6. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Just tell me which part you need and I have a much less expensive replacement part for you.
    Is it the fan in this block that we're talking of? http://redbaycars.com/onewebmedia/MondialQV/deel5/FerrariMondial_HeatingModule1.jpg

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If it is the fan motor, then get it out and test it on the bench, if the motor is goosed then get it rewound at a local motor rewind shop. Looks like a pig to get to by the way - a motor rewind will be very cheap, assuming the bearing housings are ok. The prices u r quoting must include the labour i assume, probably a bosch motor anyway so u might get a pt no off the fitted unit

8. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    IMO it's probably not the Fan motor, but the central transistor. Again: read my thread... nearly the same symptoms.
    But: IF it it the fan motor, you would have to rewind the motor but not replace it.

9. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    #9 Euba, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It turns out all I need is a fuse holder for the heater control, but for some mysterious reason the part I got from Eurospares doesn't fit. I enclose photos: the first is the fuse holder needed, the other is the one Eurospares sent. Can you help?
    Thank you very much.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Just go to the local auto electricians and buy a complete in line fuse holder and suitable fuse. Just cut the old one off and solder the new one in.

11. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    My T fan motor with 53K on it gave up the ghost; I removed the dash and the "wonderful Black Box" apparently out of a Fiat tractor, containing the fan motor. The motor commutator was worn down such that there was no further separation between the segments. There was a lot of black carbon dust from the brushes but they were not worn excessively. The T fan motor is available from RockAuto in an updated version. It is a Bosch motor 0130063015 and is about $70. I speculate that it fits more than the T. I find the motor poor quality for a constant service motor. Or I just lucked into a bad apple.

12. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    Thanks.

13. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    #13 Euba, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello again. It turns out I need the whole fan speed control unit, not just the fuse holder. As I say above, for some reason the standard replacement for a 1985 Mondial QV is different. I enclose a photo of the speed controller in my car. Has anyone seen this part before? I wonder if it might be possible to replace it with a generic part.
    Thanks.
    Rafa, London.

14. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  15. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    Hi, it doesn't look exactly the same though, unfortunately. Would the Borletti one be expensive?

16. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    As written 4 months ago .... please read my thread about EXACTLY the same problems.

BTW: The Problem is probably NOT the Speed control unit.

17. Euba

Euba Rookie

Sep 15, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Rafa Euba
    Not sure.... in my car the fan doesn't work at all, in any setting.

18. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Sounds like the motor has given up the ghost?? I also would be surprised if it were the speed control unit..